Slight blowing of own trumpet.

merlin321
merlin321 Posts: 48
edited January 2012 in Commuting general
Today, 3 years, three months and 20 days after I got my Giant SCR2 through cyclescheme, I passed the 25,000 miles ridden milestone :D:D
Chuffed to buggery, I think is the phrase.
The vast majority of this has been done commuting, with the occasional charity ride thrown in. I`ve had some totally awesome days on the road, but by the same token there have been equally bloody awful cold (-10C was the lowest I managed), biblically wet and some outright - got home and realised maybe I shouldn`t have ridden if it was that windy - days.
Cycling has become a way of life now and when all`s said and done - I`ve loved every mile of it.
Long may it continue.

Cheers m`dears.
Somethings gotta go wrong, `cause I`m felling way too damn good - Nickelback.

Comments

• Good work. I'm on about 1500 since I started in June so I've got a long way to go to get near that total!
    Specialized Secteur - FCN 6
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Top effort, I'm hoping to get mine to around the world (circa 18k) a shade under three years!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    Wow, that's some good going. I reckon I'm on for 3,500 miles this year.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • Sweet :D

I've done just over 7,100 miles since May 2010, though I didn't cycle much between September 2010 and January this year after a busted shoulder. Hoping to get over the 5,000 mile mark this year.

Keep going!
    "Get a bicycle. You won't regret it if you live"
    Mark Twain
  • Chappeau!

That is all
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Where's the 'LIKE' button round here ?

Excellent work.
  • Bloody hell, well done sir. Makes my 1200 since January seem a little pi55 poor!!
  • Way to go!

just finished week two of commuting to work on my Raleigh Team Sprint, 124 miles so far :D I love cycling!
  • Way to go!

just finished week two of commuting to work on my Raleigh Team Sprint, 124 miles so far :D I love cycling!
  • Ouija
    Ouija Posts: 1,386
    Wow. Just joined up to say well done. Thought i'd clocked up some miles in the last three years (4692.78 + 5964.25 + 8200.39) but your obviously even more glued to your bike seat than i am. Still.... i have one more week left before the end of my cycling year....... wonder if i can bang in another six thousand miles. Lol. :D Your probably one of those guys that keeps zipping past me on racing bikes and covered in Lycra...... :oops:
  • willy b
    willy b Posts: 4,125
    If i'd done 25,000 miles in 3 years i'd be blowing my own trumpet! Really great effort!
  • craker
    craker Posts: 1,739
    Crikey, what's your commute like?

(& well done!)

This year I have been logging my mileage (mostly to appease Mrs Craker about my cycling costs) - I'm just at 4500 which is going to get me short of 5000 unless I start putting in some big weekend rides.

My bike expenses are running at 32p per mile this year btw. Not terribly bargaintastic compared to running a car. :-0
  • Holy dog dirt!! :-) that's blinking special.

I've only done 3000 in my first year, need to step up my game!!!

Kudos fella! Kudos......
    Cube Acid 2011 MTB
    Boardman Road Team....... yes i have had the BB re-greased :-)
  • Merlin, well done matey! A definite case for self-trumpet-blowing, I agree, well done you! Keep up the good work!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    That is a very good effort, that's an average of over 600miles a month, I don't tot up my MTB mileage (perhaps I should!) but my commuter only does about 1200 miles a year!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • craker wrote:
    Crikey, what's your commute like?

(& well done!)

This year I have been logging my mileage (mostly to appease Mrs Craker about my cycling costs) - I'm just at 4500 which is going to get me short of 5000 unless I start putting in some big weekend rides.

My bike expenses are running at 32p per mile this year btw. Not terribly bargaintastic compared to running a car. :-0
    That seems high... are you factoring stuff you bought this year to only last the year? My costs over the 5500miles (est for the year) are about 10.4p/mile, based on allowing for some elements of clothing and some parts (chain for instance) having a 2y lifespan and new lights and some other parts having a 3 year lifespan.

Kudos to the OP. Thats impressive... but assuming I keep up my 651mile/mo average for the last 7months (weather in new year permitting), my 3y 3m 20d total would be 25,816! Bring it on!
    Invacare Spectra Plus electric wheelchair, max speed 4mph :cry:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    My commuting costs currently work out at 20.11p/mile, however as the commuter bike has no imminent expenditure anticipated, that should continue to drop........

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Just got my last miles in on new years eve 10014.39 for the year
  • That is a most impressive mileage. I manage 3284 last year, way short of my 4000 mile target so 25,000 in 3 years is a very good effort !! Talking of large annual mileage figures though, check out the coverage in a recent cycling weekly mag of a chap called Tommy Godwin who broke the annual mileage record back in 1939, averaging 206 miles a day. There is a wikipedia entry on him now I think.....
    FCN 5 - Fuji Roubaix 2
    FCN 11 - Giant Trance X3