Cav on SFTW

*AL*
*AL* Posts: 1,185
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
BBC wrote:
Tim Lovejoy, Louise Redknapp and chef Simon Rimmer host another show with the usual mix of cookery, cocktails and chat, and are joined by dance sensation Diversity and world champion cyclist Mark Cavendish.

Comments

• durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    its now on iPlayer

bits with him at 20mins, 53mins, 1h11m and 1h28m
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    To be fair, Diversity are pretty popular (allegedly - I personally have no idea who the feck they are) and the man over familiarly known to hundreds as "Cav" can be a bit of a tw4t most of the the time.

Question is though, is the man overfamiliarly known to hundreds as "Cav" now doing a Guy Martin (obviously with much, much,much smaller sized cojones) and would turn up at the opening of an envelope, thus losing his cachet of being the rebel of his sport and the support of the hundreds who do overfamaliarly call him Cav"?

Just wondering like....
  • big_p
    big_p Posts: 565
    i supose that one of the drawbacks of having a sponsor like sky, they want value for money, i dont think mr cavendish (i dont know him personaly) woke up this morning and thought " i know, i'll pop down the local tv studio's and see if i can get my face on the box"
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    big p wrote:
    i supose that one of the drawbacks of having a sponsor like sky, they want value for money, i dont think mr cavendish (i dont know him personaly) woke up this morning and thought " i know, i'll pop down the local tv studio's and see if i can get my face on the box"

I don't think Sky have much to do with it.
    I know lots of people have no time for it, but I think he really wants to win Sports Personality. And he and his publicity team are approaching it in much the same way an actor trying to win an Oscar does.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yossie
    RichN95 wrote:
    big p wrote:

I don't think Sky have much to do with it.
    I know lots of people have no time for it, but I think he really wants to win Sports Personality. And he and his publicity team are approaching it in much the same way an actor trying to win an Oscar does.

:D:D:D Excellent.

Or could it be the £50,000 or whatever he'll get for turning up?

Just wondering, like.
  • Yossie
    big p wrote:

Probably not, but we didn't see him not turning up and grabbing the last line billing behind Diversity, the dudes who do something but I'm not too sure what.

Anyone have any idea when the (ghost written, unreadably bad but mooted as the greatest work of literature ever by the hundreds who overfamiliarly know him as "Cav") auto biography is coming? Surprised he's missed the Christmas rush this year really .....
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Yossie wrote:
    big p wrote:

Probably not, but we didn't see him not turning up and grabbing the last line billing behind Diversity, the dudes who do something but I'm not too sure what.

Anyone have any idea when the (ghost written, unreadably bad but mooted as the greatest work of literature ever by the hundreds who overfamiliarly know him as "Cav") auto biography is coming? Surprised he's missed the Christmas rush this year really .....

"Cav" has already written an autobiography. I thought you'd be aware of that.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,229
    Thought he was OK.

It's tough to really shine when you get such insightful chat as 'you must be really tough, having to race for 3 weeks' and 'you must have to eat a lot on the bike'.

Nice to see a pro from our world getting proper attention though :)
  • Yossie
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    big p wrote:

"Cav" has already written an autobiography. I thought you'd be aware of that.

Seriously? And obviously not judging by my post...........
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Yossie wrote:
    Seriously? And obviously not judging by my post...........

Yes, seriously. It came out in 2009.

book-boy-racer-mark-cavendish.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Yossie
    Sheesh ............ Born 1985, (auto)biography printed in 2009: 24 years of pure history making auto biography (including the all important "Cav - the nappy years", the not to be missed "Cav takes the 11 plus" and the major "Cav considers sixth form" years).

Seriously ........
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    .....Beware of Trolls Richard.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Ben6899
    Yossie wrote:
    Seriously [written an autobiography]? And obviously not judging by my post...........

Yes. It's okay. I had you down as a font of all knowledge, that's all. ;)
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
  • Yossie
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:
    Seriously [written an autobiography]? And obviously not judging by my post...........

Cool - thanks. Glad to see that. I suppose its all about comparatives really though.

And no, not trolling - just tired of superlative toadying.
  • rick_chasey
    Yossie wrote:
    Ben6899 wrote:
    Yossie wrote:

Cool - thanks. Glad to see that. I suppose its all about comparatives really though.

And no, not trolling - just tired of superlative toadying.

Never come across that word before.

First for everything.
  • Yossie
    Toadying - its like a posh verison of arrrze kissin'. I suppose its all about edukashun though ........ Generally coupled with the word sycophantic.

Overall though, its not the sort of word you'll see in that "book" up there.
  • rick_chasey
    Presumably it's pronounced as in the frog like animal?
  • Yossie
    Yup - although there is a silent "p" at begining.

HTH

Y
  • Yossie
    Yossie wrote:
    Yup - although there is a silent "p" at begining.

HTH

Y

It also has a silent "tw4t" after it.
  • I can't take a program seriously that serves up 'gentlemen's relish'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/braised_ox_cheeks_with_52702
  • Yossie
    Don't worry fans of the man over familiarly known to hundreds as "Cav" (or "Cavendouches" as you shall now be comunally known), here he is again for your predeliction

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/v ... look-32601

Oh no, its Guy Martin!!!!!!!! Milk those 15 minutes Cav! Milk it!
  • Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    Cavendouches? Do you steal your lines from cornoyemade?
  • Yossie
    Cavendouches? Do you steal your lines from cornoyemade?

I'm sorry but I don't actually know what that a)is or b)means (there goes my tag of "fount of all knowledge" - damn, it only lasted 3 posts...). Is it a small town in America?

As an aside, are you by any chance a member of a boy band?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Seriously guys, he is one of the better Trolls on here, but still a Troll.....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Yossie
    ddraver wrote:
    Seriously guys, he is one of the better Trolls on here, but still a Troll.....

Ah shucks - thankyou. That's lovely. :oops: Actually, I'm not even really too sure what a "troll" is- is that good or bad? If bad, then ya boo sucks to you ddraver.

But seriously, milk those 15 minutes the man over familiarly known to the Cavendouche massif as "Cav". Or as he would say in the videos he's just released (remember to adopt squeaky Scouse accent): "Oooh, that'll be 20% of £28.99 please. And don't moan - the banter is great. It's even better the 15th time you hear it".

Can we open a book (and not the comic posted above) on what he will do next? How about not have a shave and wear an ill fitting suit to meet the Queen God Bless 'Er. Would it have been too much to wash, bicycle riding man?

I'll have a fiver on putting his name to a closed roads club run thing that people think is a race. But its not. Its a ride with loads of other people who have bought bikes from Evans and believed the hype that they too could be just like the man etc etc etc.
  • Ben6899
    Online mental breakdown. Ace.
    Ben