Mavic gloves

on-yer-bike
on-yer-bike Posts: 2,974
edited December 2011 in Road buying advice
Anybody have any info on the sizing? Particularly the Cyclone version. There are no sizing charts for Mavic gloves. I take a medium in Pearl Izumi. Thanks.
Pegoretti
Colnago
Cervelo
Campagnolo

Comments

• Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    IME Mavic gloves tend to come up quite large.

I have some Mavic mitts and I don't rate the quality when compared with Prendas or Spesh BG.
  • I found that the large was a snug fit. And the quality of the stitching etc.. quite poor
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Anybody have any info on the sizing? Particularly the Cyclone version. There are no sizing charts for Mavic gloves. I take a medium in Pearl Izumi. Thanks.

You going for the total all over body look?
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    My mate works for the company that owns Mavic and get their stuff free/cheap and is alway whinging about how his hands are cold or the gloves are falling apart! If you want quality gloves, try Gore Bikewear.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    I have a pair of Mavic Hydro (I think) anyway they are some Mavic water-resistant glove and my hands are warmer not wearing them. I'm a medium in gloves and they are similar to others I have (Rapha/Assos/Izumi)
    M.Rushton
  • derosa
    derosa Posts: 2,819
    Found Mavic gloves to be a small fit. Had to go up from usual L to XL. Wish I hadn't - a pair of paper bags would have kept my hands warmer. Definitely won't be buying again!

Big H

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
  • on-yer-bike
    Monty Dog wrote:
    My mate works for the company that owns Mavic and get their stuff free/cheap and is alway whinging about how his hands are cold or the gloves are falling apart! If you want quality gloves, try Gore Bikewear.
    Does he whinge about any of their other clothing? Is it all as bad as the gloves?
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo
  • on-yer-bike
    Flanners1 wrote:
    Anybody have any info on the sizing? Particularly the Cyclone version. There are no sizing charts for Mavic gloves. I take a medium in Pearl Izumi. Thanks.

You going for the total all over body look?
    No. Just like the look of these particular gloves. The Pearl Izumi gloves look like they come from Lidl.
    Pegoretti
    Colnago
    Cervelo
    Campagnolo