Tonights f*ckwit

chuckcork
chuckcork Posts: 1,471
edited December 2011 in Commuting general
Just about run down tonight at a mini roundabout in Woking.

Come up to the roundabout, indicate to go right, move into just about the middle, notice the car coming from the left at speed, decide discretion is better and just as well, would have gone through the windscreen if I'd gone any further.

Needless to say have reported to police, am waiting for the 'official' dangerous driving forms to come in the post.

Car was clearly marked as one of the local min-cab companies, be interesting to see how Surrey police/CPS decide there is nothing to go on...
'Twas Mulga Bill, from Eaglehawk, that caught the cycling craze....

Comments

• chuckcork wrote:
    Just about run down tonight at a mini roundabout in Woking.

Which one?
    Car was clearly marked as one of the local min-cab companies, be interesting to see how Surrey police/CPS decide there is nothing to go on...

When I reported something to them they spoke to the driver with my complaint and nothing was done beyond having a word. It might have calmed him down though.
  • Were you wearing lights & high viz etc?

I had a very similar situation last night at a junction. Thankfully I took evasive action too and yes I was wearing high vis and lights. :roll:
  • My days fwit encounter:
    Coming along a busy country B road into a village. X roads ahead, with an A road running across. We have a STOP line. I hate stopping, so generally crawl to it, then turn left (I know, I should stop, but although we are in a 30, the traffic on the A road coming from the right is generally doing 45+ and I figure the less I am wobbling into it the better).
    Eejit ahead is indicating right, so I do stop. He's been there a while. He pulls out, then drives straight across. Grr.
    OK it didn't theaten my life (that happens often enough), but sending out these sort of signals is very annoying.
    Glad to have got that off my chest. :)
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Oh, should have said. Report the cab firm to the council. They have to be licenced (driver and firm) so kick up a fuss. I used to drive a cab and my local council took any complaint very seriously. Good luck.
    Ecrasez l’infame