Trance X2 or...

hunta
hunta Posts: 35
edited December 2011 in MTB buying advice
Just back from a few weeks in the USA, and had the chance to do a couple of days on rented bikes in Moab, UT (fantastic!). I hired a Trance X2 and was so impressed I'm seriously considering getting one for myself.

Before I do, anything I should know? Should I be considering anything else around the same price mark?

I also noticed that the price for the 2012 bike is a fair bit lower than the original price of the 2011 bike. Is that normal, or what could be going on?

Sorry for all the questions!

Comments

• I got the Trance X1 and think its awesome
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • add595
    add595 Posts: 196
    2012 bikes are cheaper just to keep up with other manufacturers who have lowered prices. Nothing to worry about, it is in fact a bonus!

My 'old' 09 Trance x5 is superb. I know yours will be different, but I don't think you will be disappointed, especially as you have already trialled one and loved it.

Remember bike choice is whatever suits you...
    2009 Giant Trance X5
    Kinesis Decade Virsa custom build
    Pinnacle Peak 700c hybrid road rat
    Various other parts 'n' projects
  • 386ka
    386ka Posts: 479
    And the 2012 Trance will feature a new tapered head tube standard, that will boost fork stiffness. Would go for it deffo. PS, read my sig.
    A much loved, Giant Trance X3 2010
  • hunta
    hunta Posts: 35
    :-) Sounding good. Is there a good place I can read up on the differences for next year? Thanks.