Christmas stocking

Jeff Jones
Jeff Jones Posts: 1,865
edited December 2011 in The bottom bracket
Hello from the BikeRadar editorial team.

Here's a question for the forum massive: What would you like to see in your Xmas stocking this year?
Jeff Jones

Product manager, Sports

Comments

• Claire Balding
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Winning lottery ticket so I could get all the expensive bikes and kit I want then leave most of them in the shed since I wouldn't want to wear out the expensive kit on ordinary rides and commuting!!

Or would settle for a nice £800 crosser with kit to convert into a fast and light tourer and the clothing and kit to use it for whatever I might want to. Plus a few other things I'm too polite to mention on here yet as I'm new to the forum so not sure how far I can go!!
  • Claire Balding

Philanderer... poor old Hattie
    My pen won't write on the screen
  • desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    A frame building jig and a pile of Columbus tubing and lugs.
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Nothing other than I already have, my health, slowly improving, OMAHB, my family and my dogs.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • World Peace or a small box of glazed fruit.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    an orange and a couple of walnuts
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Dunk_911
    Dunk_911 Posts: 239
    DesWeller wrote:
    A frame building jig and a pile of Columbus tubing and lugs.

Santa, I'll have what he's having!

Failing that I'd like a titanium seat post and some flash pedals for my 'best bike'.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    What I'd love - any top of the range road racer or cyclo-x bike, failing that Dura-Ace for my current bike.
    What I've asked for - as many Open University vouchers as my loved ones will buy, so I can actually afford to carry on studying.

Oh, well. One day I'll have that bike of my dreams.
  • itboffin wrote:
    an orange and a couple of walnuts

Not asking for much are you :roll: Greedy B@stard.
  • Holly Willoughby
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • kev77
    kev77 Posts: 433
    A quiet day without the kids fighting over lego!
  • Lizzie Armitstead as my tandem partner.

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    The Collected Book of Cleat Eastwoods Posts-edited by Frank Tank,illustrations by Aggieboy.Priceless.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Nina from Nina and the Neurons please.

A big box of sleep and peace and quiet to be washed down with copius amounts of ale and fed by the hugest bag of pggy feet imaginable would be next.

Or Nina from Nina and the Neurons bearing gifts of the second request.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Yossie wrote:
    Really? A distant second to Katie from 'I Can Cook' IMHO :wink:
  • Yossie wrote:

If we're going for kids presenters I'd have to go for Sarah-Jane Honeywell!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • An all expenses paid entry to the Cent Cols Challenge and Audrey Tautou (who'd be coming along as my personal post ride masseuse).
  • roypsb
    roypsb Posts: 309
    Holly Valance's underwear.
    The Complete Partridge Boxset.
    A white chocolate orange.
  • How about a copy of "Blame Wiggle", the exciting new retail-based board game for all the family? Recreate those heated arguments with the popular mail order house in the comfort of your own living room! Comes complete with dice, counters, deck of "blame cards", board and a near-pristine Focus Izalco with a knackered headset. :)

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • petemadoc
    petemadoc Posts: 2,331
    How about a copy of "Blame Wiggle", the exciting new retail-based board game for all the family? Recreate those heated arguments with the popular mail order house in the comfort of your own living room! Comes complete with dice, counters, deck of "blame cards", board and a near-pristine Focus Izalco with a knackered headset. :)

David

Where can I buy this amazing game?

I don't think a children's TV presenter would fit inside a stocking. However I'm pretty sure these would

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/speedplay-zero- ... am-pedals/

Any other stupidly high priced but small cycling gear will do
  • PeteMadoc wrote:
    How about a copy of "Blame Wiggle", the exciting new retail-based board game for all the family? Recreate those heated arguments with the popular mail order house in the comfort of your own living room! Comes complete with dice, counters, deck of "blame cards", board and a near-pristine Focus Izalco with a knackered headset. :)

David

Where can I buy this amazing game?

Coming soon to a toyshop near you....or maybe not. Also in the same range: "Sepp Blatter's Subbuteo", possibly the most low-tech football game ever invented. ;)

Actually, this is the board game I'd like to get for Christmas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6_5A6eKbNc

:)

David
  • I reckon Nina out of the Neurons looks a little like Miss Pendleton...
    Rob Spedding, Editor, Cycling Plus
  • RoyPSB wrote:
    The Complete Partridge Boxset.

Indeed; there can't be many things in life more satisfying or rewarding than a trawl through some of Steve Coogan's old material. Although News International employees probably know all about that. ;)

David
  • Yossie
    I reckon Nina out of the Neurons looks a little like Miss Pendleton...

And we all know how lovely, kind, gentle, sweet, well mannered, and generally wonderful the divine Miss P is.

Nina and Miss P bearing me gifts of ale and piggy feet before making sure the fire is blazing away nicely and exiting the room silently before occasionally returning stealth Ninja/Geisha like to re-fill my glass and bowl of piggy bits before leaving again ad letting me watch The Great Escape, On Her Majesty's Secret Service (with the divine young Diana Rigg) and from Russia With Love (with the equally as divine Daniella Bianchi) With no interruptions.

Nina from Nina and the Neurons. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Nina. She's lovely. And she's a scientist too. And appears in panto. What more could you anyone want?

And she said the word "poo" while explaining how bowels the work the other day and kept a straight face.

I heard on the grapevine that Berlusconi once invited her to a bunga bunga party with George Clooney and Mario Balotelli but she turned him down saying that he was a tw4t and she had no desire to see Angela Merckel's foo foo (which at the end is quite understandable). Or so I heard. Allegedly.
  • The very yummy Konnie Huq. Or my hair back please. Other than that i'd be happy with an entry into the Whitton or Dragon Ride. And a massive bar of Toblerone.
  • Holly Willoughby

I'll fight you for her, unless of course she appreciates I'm the far better specimen of the male example. :lol:

Seriously though, pretty well got all I need in real terms, I'd just love "Santa" to provide my daughter with a proper career opportunity, She works bloody hard and deserves a break.
    Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Complete wonderment.
  • Yossie
    MingMong wrote:
    Complete wonderment.

at?
  • Scrumple
    Scrumple Posts: 2,665
    Think he may mean (well, I'm in complete wonderment at...) the direction of this thread.

What could be a sensible present idea thread has turned into so pre pubescent ramblings and quite pathetic simpering...

Back to reality...

Simple things like De Feet Dura gloves, more Assos chamois cream, and DHB headband (sadly changed with a garish logo, but my old one is great and I can't find anything better as th gore ones have huge labels apparently).

Could do with some green swissstops, but I think the buyers may baulk at the price...