which wheelset out of these ?

baz69
baz69 Posts: 94
edited December 2011 in Road buying advice
hi all,looking for a bit of advice which wheelset would you recommend for some light training road work
built up from cube attempt
shimano rs10
campagnolo khamsin cx
fsa rd 60
fulcrum racing 7 clincher
thanks

Comments

• Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    I like the RS 10s. They're good wheels, comfortable feel on the road, sturdy, and can take a battering. Definitely my favourite budget wheels.
  • cadseen wrote:
    I always find the cheap wheels satisfactory, Chain reaction has 20% off these wheels at the moment
    http://tidd.ly/10a1995
    10a1995

False economy... £ 140 for a set of disposable wheels, made cutting corners... hard to service or replace parts... a set of handbuilds with top quality spokes, Open Sport rims and good quality hubs, like Novatec, should only cost around £ 180 and little more with Open PRO or other top rims, it will have comparable weight, if not lower, exceed in strength and it will last forever with a bit of maintenance
    left the forum March 2023
  • Evil Laugh
    Evil Laugh Posts: 1,412
    Btw I noticed a seller on eBay selling lots of sets of open pro on dura ace, shop soiled I think, for about £200.
  • Evil Laugh wrote:
    Btw I noticed a seller on eBay selling lots of sets of open pro on dura ace, shop soiled I think, for about £200.

THAT is a bargain... only the hubs are worth more...
    left the forum March 2023
  • blade8
    blade8 Posts: 43
    ive had rs 10 s could not keep them true at all thats with regular road rding,
    now have a set of fulcrum 7 s on my winter bike they are so good for the money,, try wiggle,,