Routes in Cyprus?

Dirtydog11
Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
edited December 2011 in Routes
Evening all,

I'm off to Cyprus for 9 days on the 1st December and I was wondering whether anyone could recommend a few routes, Downhill, XC, doesn't matter.

We are staying just South of the Akamas Peninsula (Coral Bay) so we will be doing most of our riding around there, however we do have our own transport so getting about the Troodos Mountains wouldn't be a problem.

Cash will be tight and paying for several days guiding isn't really an option for us, any ideas, gpx files will be greatly appreciated?

Comments

• I run a guiding company over in Cyprus, not trying to glean business off you as I note your comments on budget.
    However will be happy to assist in giving you heads up on some trails. I can give you my contact details on a private arrangement as I do not want to appear to be getting free advertising in.
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Park in the square up Troodos and ride the Artemis and Akamis trails. Not very long trails, but you can combine the 2.

There is a cracking rote used for the Mountain to Sea MTB race From Troodos to Pissouri on the coast. Approx 55Km, a killer ride!

Im sure gekkoman will come up trumps for you. I spent 6 months out there mtb'ing in 2007. 8)

Take a drive up from Coral Bay, park in Polis and ride up the Akamas peninsula, some good trails up there. Stop off at the blue lagoon for a dip too. Lovely place.

Google maps it on satelite and see. 8)
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Dirtydog11
    Thanks fellas!

I have been looking around on Google and it does look like the Akamas Peninsular would be a good place to start as it doesn't look big enough to get lost on. I'm just a bit reluctant go heading off into the Mountains without knowing where we are going.

I've also heard parts of the E4 route are good.

@Geckoman will PM you.
  • you can call me on 00357 96518061
  • Dirtydog11
    Gekkoman wrote:
    you can call me on 00357 96518061

Great stuff! :)

Will be over the weekend, got a 2.40pm flight so we won't get in until about 9:30pm local time tonight.