XT M785 brakes on rose bikes

lawman
lawman Posts: 6,868
edited December 2011 in MTB buying advice
seems like a stupidly good deal on the new xt brakes, heard people had a lot of problems with rose over the past few weeks, can they be trusted to deliver the goods??

Comments

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Hit and miss for me, they are bad at updating their website, then messed me about with a partial refund.

First time I used them was fine, the second was a mess.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    It does say that its 5 weeks wait! If you want them quicker, slane was the cheapest I found in the UK,
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • ive been looking at these aswell. under £100 for the comlete setup where as over here its that price just for the caliper and lever!
  • Dirtydog11
    Dirtydog11 Posts: 1,621
    I've had shifters , chainrings and a front and rear mech off them over the last few weeks, even with delivery I paid significantly less than I would have done had I gone to Merlin,CRC ,Wiggle etc all tracked and received within 3 days.

Just last week they placed a special order for me for a pair of indicator covers for the 2012 SL-M780 shifters, I received them today which I'm over the moon about as Madison won't have stock until January.
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    Rose are good - Ive bought a few bits, including the discs for my XT brakes, but when they're listed as 5 weeks out, what will you do? £84.18 on Slane.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • Just had an order from Rose. Ordered Thursday night just before midnight. Arrived on Monday before lunch so pretty impressive.