casette wearing jocky wheel, glory 08

supafly1982
supafly1982 Posts: 631
edited December 2011 in MTB workshop & tech
The jocky wheel on my mid cage XT mech is clashing with my casette 11-32t, when in the 32t ring, this has caused the top jocky wheel to wear down alot, obvoiusly i cant really use this gear and would like to know why as i could do with using it.
OEM hanger is in place, im sure the XT mech was OEM, not sure about casette though. Bike is Giant Glory 08 DH

problem.jpg

cheers
scott

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    adjust the B screw. the mech is too close to the cassette.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • good man, cheers Nick, the jocky wheel is ruined, know of any cheap places to get them?
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    XT will set you back around £13, you could use cheaper ones though. Just make sure you put the right one on the top.
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • benpinnick wrote:
    XT will set you back around £13, you could use cheaper ones though. Just make sure you put the right one on the top.

yeah ive found them in pairs, could do with just the one
  • They only come in pairs- but are not actual pairs, they are different.
  • yeah, bearing in the bottom and ceramic bush in the top, always wondered why they are different, anyone know?
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Top one floats to aid shifting.

Try Tacx or BBB for good cheap ones.
  • Top has float to help mesh for any slight misalignment, also helps to reduce noise.
  • aye i suppose it makes sense that it can slide on a bush to help with those angles, cheers supesonic, will take a look at them
  • seen the tacx at evans for £17, the BBB ones are just bearings with the top not having the ceramic bush thats good for shifting angles apparently so not sure bout getting them.

what ones out of these XT or lower will work well with the XT 9 speed mech?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I've used tacx. Excellent. Spin like crazy.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • seen the tacx at evans for £17, the BBB ones are just bearings with the top not having the ceramic bush thats good for shifting angles apparently so not sure bout getting them.

what ones out of these XT or lower will work well with the XT 9 speed mech?

it would help if i stuck the link in http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... odelID=885