Easton EA50SL Wheel Set

lucieandpaul
lucieandpaul Posts: 267
edited December 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi all

How do you rate the Easton EA50SL Wheel set.

I am a 15 stone rider, using a Specialized Roubaix Comp and as I want to keep my Mavic's for good and not trashing them on winter roads, I wondered what you thought of the EA50SL's which ive got the offer of second hand.

Any idea what a mint set are worth?

Regards

Paul
www.cree-cottage.co.uk
4 Star 7 Stanes Cyclist Accredited luxury holiday cottage accomodation for cyclists. Self Catering, with the best facilities and with 7 Stanes trails on your doorstep.

Comments

• rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Can't help from experiece but Google is your friend :)

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/ ... set-31941/
  • Yep read that cheers, however was looking for a real worldly test.

A review of my Roubaix OE wheels came up great, but i destroyed two Specialized own brand hubs in the first three months of use.

Roads arent the best by me!
    www.cree-cottage.co.uk
    4 Star 7 Stanes Cyclist Accredited luxury holiday cottage accomodation for cyclists. Self Catering, with the best facilities and with 7 Stanes trails on your doorstep.
  • I just broke a spoke for the second time in my rear EA50SL and I'm a long way below 15 stone.

bc
    2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    2010 Colnago C50
    2005 Colnago C40
    2002 Colnago CT1
    2010 Colnago World Cup
    2013 Cinelli Supercorsa
    2009 Merckx LXM
    1995 Lemond Gan Team
  • daveb99
    daveb99 Posts: 273
    I have these wheels on my Planet X, see here:

viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=12812742

I bought them used, they are mint, and cost me £150 with tyres.

No problems at all so far, they are stiff, 120g lighter than my Fulcrum wheels, and look good with the 30mm rim. The hubs spin very nicely. Only thing I've read is that the freehub material is a little soft, so can be marked by the sprockets, but keep the lock ring nice and tight and it should be fine. I'm no Mark Cavendish so I'm not concerned!
    2012 Scott CR1 SL
    2013 Dolan Dual
    2016 Boardman Pro 29er
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    My mate is 6ft 3" and 15 stone. He's used them for his training bike all last winter without any hassle at all.