Windy Sunday

Redhog14
Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
So the wind is up so is the agitated dog, knocking stuff over downstairs and so am I. Slates however are down, which really isn't good... Who else is up?

Comments

• DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Fairly windy here, but nowhere near as bad as North, so long as my "Clock Tower" holds out all is good.

I'll look again later in the morning, but so far all weather "ornaments" have gone tits up. roof holding fine so far, a bit hairy but only on the noise, the biggest worry is the internal loft hatch which has a tendency to open in high winds.

Last time it did that it twatted me on the side of my face! Not nice when you're going for a pee!

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Impressive here at 11-1 or so, good guess would be that some gusts were around 70-80mph or so. Dog slept through it like he does fireworks and everything else, for goodness' sake don't anybody ever tell him Collies are supposed to be jumpy.
  • maybe missed the worst of it 'upnorth' but a stiff breeze in Kent -
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    2 plastic greenhouses now destined for the tip. Interestingly though, the washing that I couldn't be bothered to bring in last night is fine.

Very dry as well...

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    2 days of windy riding North of Preston. Fantastic fun with a tailwind but a miserable return leg into wind.

Had a couple of 'moments' when the wind howled through gaps in hedges etc. One one of them I was convinced I was going down, but managed to recover it. Oh and was raining yesterday too.
  • Mike67
    Mike67 Posts: 585
    Yup, it was strong enough to have me running for the turbo.

Don't mind pedalling into the wind so much but I can't be doing with those side winds blowing through gates and holes...no fun if a car's coming past.
    Mike B

Cannondale CAAD9
    Kinesis Pro 5 cross bike
    Lots of bits
  • Mad Roadie wrote:
    maybe missed the worst of it 'upnorth' but a stiff breeze in Kent -

seemed worse along the medway valley certainly gusty.
    Was harder ride Sunday morning the previous Monday and we had the irritating drizzle.
    Not that bad but bad enough for me
    Route1.jpg
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    apparently the wind reached "unrecordable speed" in the Cairngorms this weekend...
  • Yes - it's been windy up here the last few days. Ride into work this morning was hard work (the old pedalling hard downhill and still only hitting 22mph trick) and crossing the Kessock Bridge was interesting - steady wind fortunately. MTB racing yesterday was hard too - very wet and very windy but quite pretty at times

Rainbow.jpg
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Jeez the Kessock Bridge in the wind ? Nutter.
    Lovely part of the world though. I'm jealous.