What to wear?

hog snot
hog snot Posts: 5
edited November 2011 in MTB buying advice
Are mountain bikers as bothered about fashion as roadies?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    What's fashion?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    /\ Haha...

I look like a right plum in my 'riding gear'...

Long sleeve Skinz compression top with a rugby shirt thrown over the top. Full leg Skinz leggings with a pair of rugby shorts and a pair of Asics trainers!

Keeps me warm, does the job!
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    At this time of year keeping warm and dry is more important than how you look .
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    If your definition of fashion is looking like a multi-coloured storm trooper, then Im definitely setting the trend. :wink:
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • waby1234
    waby1234 Posts: 571
    I tend to wear black - it's very slimming.
    2011 Carrera Fury

Earn cashback at CRC, Wiggle, Evans, Rutland, Hargroves, Halfords, and more at Quidco
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    i have some warm stuff, it's not neccesarily cool, but it makes riding more fun than me being an icicle riding around :-)
  • nwmlarge
    nwmlarge Posts: 778
    1mancity2 wrote:
    If your definition of fashion is looking like a multi-coloured storm trooper, then Im definitely setting the trend. :wink:

this!
  • bails87
    bails87 Posts: 12,998
    To answer the original question....no.

MTBers are generally much more easy going than roadies, for the most part. No real rules on what you wear, or what you ride, just have fun.
    MTB/CX

"As I said last time, it won't happen again."
  • just staying warm and dry is important to me as it all gets caked in mud anyway so who cares what your wearing as long as its muddy yet waterproof and windproof at the same time
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • kenan
    kenan Posts: 952
    If you want to be dry and warm, fox is your friend.... http://www.zappos.com/product/7940321

And a pink set of lycra shorts
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I wear bib shorts, then cover them up with loads of other stuff as no one wants to see an 18 stone bloke in lycra. I usually end up with a paintball jersey on, a waterproof and some general shorts (although I do need some new ones, and am thinking MTB specific types).
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    hog snot wrote:
    Are mountain bikers as bothered about fashion as roadies?
    Some roadies who have converted to MTB are. The rest of us shun lycra and looking like a tit wherever possible. Though much of it is down to being fat weekend warriors who can't wear lycra.