Anyone running a Boardman Team with 25mm tyres?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited November 2011 in Road buying advice
I have a 2009 alu Boardman Road Team and wanted to stcik some 25mm winter tyres on. However I've found that I can't run it with Conti 24mm tyres and CrudRoadracer mudguards as the clearances are really too tight. Now thinking of going back to Race Baldes to avoid the brake caliper clearance issues, and wondered if I could also upgrade to s;lightly bigger winter tyres. Any using tyres bigger than 23mm on their Boardman's?? :?

thanks
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• yeah, im using 25mm conti gatorskin hardshells on my 2011 Road Team. had to butcher the front Crud Roadracer2, and really wish i'd have stayed with 23mm.
    Still considering going back to 23mm as the 25mm does rub a bit, not a lot, but enough to pee me off.
    Cube Acid 2011 MTB
    Boardman Road Team....... yes i have had the BB re-greased :-)
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I hear what you say...my mk1's rub with my 24mmConti Grand Prix tyres and it drove me nuts on Sunday. Very tempted by the new SKS race blade long mudguards, but doesn't look as if they'll be rleased until Jan 2012! Still guarantee they'll fit but look promising...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • So that's why I can't find them :-) saw the review in a cycling mag, was very impressed with them, I really want to keep the 25mm tyres so might take a punt at the new sks myself :-)
    Cube Acid 2011 MTB
  • essjaydee
    essjaydee Posts: 917
    edited November 2011
    I have a road race and just fitting SKS guards, and there doesn't seem a lot of clearance, so reckon 25mm tyres would rub :!:

Out of interest, is there much difference between 23 & 25mm tyres, other than 4mm :roll:
  • http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3802

Have a look at the table in the link above.
    According to that there is 4mm difference in dia between a 23x700 and a 25x700, :-)
    Cube Acid 2011 MTB
  • http://www.ctc.org.uk/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabID=3802

Have a look at the table in the link above.
    According to that there is 4mm difference in dia between a 23x700 and a 25x700, :-)

Duly edited my post :oops: , but my question still stands :?: