Owl call Swinley

nozzac
nozzac Posts: 408
edited December 2011 in Routes
Who the heck is out making fake owl calls at Swinley after dark? Seems to be other MTBers

The last thing you need when you're cycling the singletrack on your own in the dark is a group of people signalling with badly done owl hoots! Maybe I'm just paranoid after watching bad war files but it sounds like people co-ordinating an ambush!

So stop it will ya?!

Comments

• DodgeT
    DodgeT Posts: 2,255
    Just be grateful its not howling :twisted:
  • zznmfc
    zznmfc Posts: 37
    Or growling..... :twisted: :twisted:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Well, Broadmoor is just over the fence.
  • nozzac
    nozzac Posts: 408
    I was out there last night in the rain at 10pm. I have to say that even as a fully grown man, it's a bit spooky. I'm sure the chances of a nutter with a knife lurking in the forest are minuscule but it's uncomfortable.

I should probably be more worried about falling and not being found for hours really.
  • zznmfc
    zznmfc Posts: 37
    True, but it is true what kenny said, not that anyone ever escapes..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... scape.html

Happy riding :wink:
  • natrix
    natrix Posts: 1,111
    South of the Lower Star Post is the area that the army use for training, I've often bumped into troops on exercise during early morning rides, so it could be them. Having said that, there are quite a few real owls in the woods..................
    ~~~~~~Sustrans - Join the Movement~~~~~~
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Out in Surrey Hills at the weekend and mistimed the route back, ending up coming back in the dark with no lights. Loads of owls. Quite cool really. Riding back in a swamp of mud with almost zero visibility was not however.