Tasty flapjack

kayo74
kayo74 Posts: 299
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just made some awesome flapjack out of the latest edition of Cycling Plus magazine. Really easy to make proper tasty with the mincemeat and a nice twist with the orange zest could always add a touch of peanut butter, seeds and dried fruit for extra boost. Much prefer making my own energy product than these brought in made of glue tosh!!!!. Well that's my opinion anyway. Worth a bake!!.

Comments

• kayo74 wrote:
    Just made some awesome flapjack out of the latest edition of Cycling Plus magazine. Really easy to make proper tasty with the mincemeat and a nice twist with the orange zest could always add a touch of peanut butter, seeds and dried fruit for extra boost. Much prefer making my own energy product than these brought in made of glue tosh!!!!. Well that's my opinion anyway. Worth a bake!!.

Hmm. Peanut butter in flapjacks....excellent idea. Must give that one a go next time I have some spare time free for dabbling in the kitchen.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • ToeKnee
    ToeKnee Posts: 376
    Are you able/allowed to post the recipe on here?
    Seneca wrote:
    It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
    Specialized TriCross Sport+Ultegra+Rack&Bag+Guards+Exposure Lights - FCN 7
    Track:Condor 653, MTB:GT Zaskar, Road & TT:Condors.
  • kayo74 wrote:

How many squares of flapjack do you get per magazine?
  • kayo74
    175g butter, 280g golden syrup, 225g mincemeat, 425g porridge oats, grated zest of 2 oranges plus a handful of radius. Melt the butter and syrup in a pan add mincemeat, zest, the raisins then the porridge oats mix together until you get a thick sticky mix add a few more oats if to sloppy. Place in a grease proof tin evenly spread and bake in the oven for around 15-20 mins or until golden. Once cooled slice into squares get around 12-16 pieces. Then eat and taste the goodness you can add either a spoonful of peanut butter and dried fruit, seeds for extra boost.
  • Oxo
    Oxo Posts: 144
    My latest ever evolving "Rocket Fuel" recipe:-

Melt in big saucepan on low heat.....

100g Crunchy Peanut Butter
    100g Bertolli Olive Oil Spread
    100g Soft Brown Sugar
    2 tablespoons Honey
    2 tablespoons Maple Syrup

Then add.....

200g fine Porridge Oats
    50g Chopped "Nutty" Muesli
    25g Chopped Raisins
    1/2 teaspoon salt

Bung in a baking-paper lined tray (mines about 10"x6" and about 1" deep) and fire into a preheated oven at 190C for about 10 minutes "ish" until it's an even brown colour all over. Leave for 15 minutes, turn it out, cut up and freeze the chunks in foil/cling film for later, job's a good 'un - two lumps and you'll be good for 77mph :wink:
    Sunday Best: 2013 Colnago Master 30th Anniversary
    Foul Weather: 2010 Kinesis Racelight T2
    Commuter: 1958 Holdsworth Zephyr Fixed Gear
  • kayo74
    Going to try those one's Oxo cheers.