tyres for tunnel hill

w.jenkins
w.jenkins Posts: 99
edited November 2011 in MTB buying advice
hi there,
i will be racing in the brass monkeys enduro at tunnel hill mid dec, what typres would you suggest, i want a quick xc race tyre but able to cope with the likley conditions, only 60kg so can run decent pressures and not pinch.
thinking mud-x, conti x kings, and...?

thanks guys

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Depends whether it rains before then.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Try the Trolls forum?

http://tunnelhilltrolls.co.uk/
  • grenw
    grenw Posts: 803
    Are you doing the round 1 race this Sunday? It's at Porridgepot which is only a mile or so from Tunnel hill so should give you an idea. Ridden there twice this week - greasy roots and leaves but no mud to worry you as it drains quickly.

Using a NN up front and a X-King on the back - has suited me on all but the slippiest ascents
  • w.jenkins wrote:
    hi there,
    i will be racing in the brass monkeys enduro at tunnel hill mid dec, what typres would you suggest, i want a quick xc race tyre but able to cope with the likley conditions, only 60kg so can run decent pressures and not pinch.

thanks guys

Orange tyres. It's all about orange tyres. :)
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    sandy hill wrote:
    w.jenkins wrote:
    hi there,

thanks guys

Orange tyres. It's all about orange tyres. :)
    SS loving hippie
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools