newbies around manchester?

gazman1
gazman1 Posts: 77
edited November 2011 in Road beginners
Hi all are there any newbie riders around east manchester/tameside area i`m looking to get out with new riders as i`am new to the sport/hobby myself, gaz

Comments

• jc4lab
    jc4lab Posts: 554
    Some good beginners cycling social events in Manchester but its the wrong time of year unfortunately with not much on...Chorlton Wanderers & Stockport Community Cycling have occasional runs at the moment but things get better in the Spring...Web search Skyride (Manchester)events next year.They are really good.Its women only runs from them at the moment.Bicycledoctor website has a list of links to most Manchester local groups.
    If new To Manchester something different and fun to try this time of year is the Velodrome taster for pure beginners.(its inexpensive).Its near Man City football ball ground.Check their website for Availablity though
    jc
  • thanks for the answer jc4lab yeah ive heard about the beginners sessions at the velodrome also the skyrides, TBH i was looking for other new riders to ride with so that we can help each other out really, gaz
  • Alright Gaz,

I'm fairly new to it and living in Manchester.

Got my first road bike towards the end of summer but haven't been out a great deal recently due to the weather. If we get a good clear weekend i'd be up for a ride.

I'm currently living by Salford Quays where abouts are you?

Matt
    Canyon Ultimate CF SL 9.0
  • Hi matt thanks for your reply, i live in Dukinfield on the edges of the hills lol where do you normally ride then? ive got a busy weekend this week and next sunday am booked up but next saturday could be good for me shall we keep an eye on the weather forecast for then? cheers, gaz