Shutt VR bib tights?

glasgowbhoy
glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
edited November 2011 in Road buying advice
Was thinking that using these unpadded bibs over my shorts on days when it's not cold enough for the Gore windproof bibs would be a good idea as I can use a selection of padded shorts and only have to worry about the Shutt's being dry for the next day.

http://www.shuttvr.com/shop/productdeta ... ib-Tights/

Anyone else got these and any comments?

Comments

• Sammyw23
    Sammyw23 Posts: 627
    I have the SVR tights and all I can say is I would have no concerns recommending them, they are brilliant. Wore them all last winter over padded shorts and cannot remember ever feeling the cold. The material is wind and water resistant and has a lovely look to it. Not the most important factor but it helps! Fully excpecting them to last another winter at least
    Cervelo P3
    Bianchi Infinito
    Cannondale CAAD10
  • glasgowbhoy
    glasgowbhoy Posts: 1,341
    Cheers Sammy,

Are they quite flexible though around the knee? I have gore windproof tights and the windproof material isnt the most flexible around the knee.
  • ratsbeyfus
    ratsbeyfus Posts: 2,841
    I'd recommend them, however they're the only bib tights I've owned so I've nowt to compare them against. Mine are a bit long on the leg for me, and certainly don't seem to be restraining me at the knee. I haven't needed to wear them this winter as the temps haven't gone low enough yet, but on icy days last winter they were great.

I had one of them red bikes but I don't any more. Sad face.

@ratsbey