Womens saddle? Diva Gel flow?

swoo
swoo Posts: 23
edited November 2011 in Women
Hi All,
I'm thinking about buying a Diva Gel Flow for both mtb riding/racing and for training and TT's on my road bike. Are they comfortable for racing? They look quite bulky but I've seen lots of good reviews for them, although it's hard to know if the reviewers are racers or occasional leisure riders which makes a difference in what you consider comfortable. Also I wonder for mtb racing if it easy to get off the back of for steep descents?
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• stannie
    stannie Posts: 167
    Hi swoo
    I am surprised no-one has replied to this.

I have Diva Gel Flow saddles on my road bike and my Mountain bike. I find it great on the MTB but I just can't get comfy on the road bike. The nose seems a bit too long and thick.
    I prefer the Selle Italia SLK gel flow which is thinner, lighter - not as much padding but easier on the lady bits.
    However, I am definitely not a racer on either bike!
    ....................................................................................................
    Waterford RS-14
    Trek Domane SL6
    Ridley Noah SL

A woman can never have too many bikes!
  • swoo
    Thanks Anne. I got the diva gel flow in the end and love it. But still need another saddle and might follow your advice and get the SLK for my road bike. Bit tired of swapping saddles every ride!
  • swoo
    Thanks Anne. I got the diva gel flow in the end and love it. But still need another saddle and might follow your advice and get the SLK for my road bike. Bit tired of swapping saddles every ride!
  • foxc_uk
    foxc_uk Posts: 1,292
    Hello ladies,
    thought I'd add to this thread rather than start another one - I need a new saddle for my fsr. Would rather not lay out the £'s for a Diva gel flow....are there any other good ones that I should look at?

thank you kindly
    FoxC
  • benpinnick
    benpinnick Posts: 4,148
    What about the SDG Allure. A friend of mine has one and she's happy with it. Still £50 though :(
    A Flock of Birds
    + some other bikes.
  • foxc_uk
    I need a new helmet too, hence needing to cut the cost of the saddle... is it me or can you not buy anything for less than £50 these days?!
  • sparrowlegs78
    sparrowlegs78 Posts: 2,583
    I can't complain about my Charge Ladle saddle, mind you I do have a bum like leather from 20 odd years of horse riding :lol:

Caz xx
  • foxc_uk
    Hmm, that could be a very good option Caz... will look into it.
    You'd have thought my bum wouldn't be a problem - similarly horse riding related (12 years) However all it actually meant is that my 'comfortable' bum shifted around and now I have no nice squishy bum to protect my seat bones! Can't sit on a hard seat for any length of time!
    Current bike saddle is too wide I think though as it's a cheapy from Halfords that I got with my first bike...
  • Gel saddles are all well and good but I have found them to not offer the same benefits noticed at first for any amount of time after. There is a saddle that I was given by a friend a few years ago and I am still noticing the benefits still now. I have the old model and am told the new 9 lever (mine is 13 lever) is even better. It looks scary at first but I certainly can verify its greatness. It is now called the Evolve I believe, check it out at www.unifiedsport.com

AVB, happy riding!
  • swoo wrote:
    try www.unifiedsport.com, much better solution to your problem!.
  • I've always used Specialized BG saddles and i've found them very good, cost from £29.99 +