Winter series at Hillingdon or Hoghill

Lion-O
Lion-O Posts: 48
edited February 2012 in Amateur race
Does any one when the dates will be announced for the winter series for hoghill and hillingdon?

im hoping to do some races and would be nice to be able to structure them in.

cheers

Comments

• For Hog Hill keep checking out www.redbridgecyclingcentre.co.uk
    Calendar of events is frequently updated.
  • Don't forget Kent http://www.cyclopark.com/home/cyclocircuit.aspx

Anyone who can get to all 3 is spoilt for choice this winter.
  • Looks like the Winter Series at Hillingdon starts on the Saturday 3rd December
  • dave35
    dave35 Posts: 1,124
    At the moment-no winter series at hog hill has been planned-not to say it won't.
    I work there and have yet to see any bookings.
  • Google imperial racing team for the hillingdon winter series which starts 3 dec. every Saturday. It's a flat course. Hogg hill if your in north east London rather than southwest London or if you want a hilly course..
    Inverse Racing UK / Bikefood
    http://www.inverseracing.com
  • Lion-O
    Lion-O Posts: 48
    I have found the Hog Hill dates now. bit easier to get to than hillingdon for me.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    i rode the 4th cat event at Hillingdon lasr Saturday, and I'm having another go next Saturday.

Anyone else entered?
  • keydon
    keydon Posts: 144
    Regarding Hillingdon Winter Series, if you are in the 3rd cat race and over the course of the 10 weeks or so you go over 40 points, will you be forced into the elite 1,2 race instead or have they a dispensation for the series. I could see a queue of people trying to stop on 39. Reason I ask is because a friend of mine is right up there and well , it pays to know .

If it was the normal rule then anybody who was winning the series and over 40 would be eliminated from the race, but not the overall series, so winning the series would entail winning your last race having been on 39 points(BC) before the start. I don't know!!
  • jibberjim
    jibberjim Posts: 2,810
    Yes, as soon as you're 2nd cat you cannot continue to race the 3rd cat race.

If you really wanted to win the series, not getting a race licence would've been your best bet as then you could've contested all the races regardless of your placings. But you will want to manage your finishes if you're on 39 points and still want to win the series - lots of 11th places and a final race win will be needed.
    Jibbering Sports Stuff: http://jibbering.com/sports/
  • keydon
    jibberjim wrote:
    Yes, as soon as you're 2nd cat you cannot continue to race the 3rd cat race.

If you really wanted to win the series, not getting a race licence would've been your best bet as then you could've contested all the races regardless of your placings. But you will want to manage your finishes if you're on 39 points and still want to win the series - lots of 11th places and a final race win will be needed.

I'll tell him that, I had tried to think of all the angles, hopefully now he can cancel his membership and buy day licences for a few weeks, then get his membership renewed, thank you!!
  • keydon
    Did anyone find a wheel in the car park at Hillingdon on Saturday late afternoon ?

Did anybody lose a nice top with very distinctive lettering in bright colours? has been washed and ready for return to owner.