PM won't send - why?

gds08
gds08 Posts: 948
What the heck is going on with this site!! I've tried several times to send a PM to somebody and it keeps going into the 'Outbox' and then just sits there doing nothing. What have I got to do to make it send immediately. It seems ridiculous to me that we have to have an 'outbox' where things just sit for no obvious reason.

Can somebody please explain!!

Graham

Comments

• It sits in the outbox until the recipient has read it..
  • gds08
    It sits in the outbox until the recipient has read it..

I don't get it. I sent several earlier today which instantly showed up in the 'Sent' folder and they weren't read until later so how come this one is different? It doesn't make any sense. Surely something in the 'outbox' hasn't actually been sent so how on earth can the recipient read it? If I send an email it doesn't sit in an outbox until the recipient reads it, so what's the difference here. Seems overly complicated to me :? :?
  • gds08
    I've just tried a test by sending myself a PM and it went straight into my 'inbox' and didn't sit in the outbox until I'd read it, so what you're saying now makes even less sense!!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    PM STAY IN THE OUT BOX TILL READ, what they do when sent to yourself is not the norm.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown