Uplift day before Christmas!

miss notax
miss notax Posts: 2,572
edited December 2011 in Women
Hello :D

I have a days holiday to use up and am thinking of booking an uplift day at Cwmcarn - anyone fancy keeping me company?! I am a complete DH beginner so i'm not expecting great things (from myself that is!!), I just want to practise in a non-stressy environment!

PM me if anyone's interested.....
Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc

Comments

• Bx
    Bx Posts: 33
    I have pm'd you, sounds like fun!
  • I'm up for it if I'm off work, let me know when you both want to go and I'll try and book it in :D
  • miss notax
    Well ladies, in a slight change of plan a few of us are hitting the Forest of Dean on Monday 19th December (although I could also be tempted by Cwmcarn another day as well!) :D

PM for details if anyone would like to come too 8)
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

• kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    Have a great day.. you'll love it! 'Sheepskull' was my favourite track :D
  • miss notax
    Fancy coming along too Kath?? :D

Go on.... You know you want to!! :lol:

• Bx
    Well I'm sat in my office looking out at the rain and hail and thinking that I can't wait for Monday, it's going to be awesome! I hope you have some mud tyres as you're going to need them!

Surely all this talk of skin softening mud has inspired the rest of you to want to come and play?
  • There'll probably be a few new trail obstacles there by Monday if this weather keeps up! :lol:
  • miss notax
    There'll probably be a few new trail obstacles there by Monday if this weather keeps up! :lol:

Yeah, me!! :lol::lol:

I'm looking forward to it! Can any other ladies be tempted....?!! A good way to justify all the Christmas excesses a few days later - I personally shall be justfying huge amounts of cake and wine on the back of this :wink::lol:

• :lol:

Na, I think you'll be fine, unlike me... ask BX - I was AWFUL!

I'll be there next time - with even more padding ready for my low speed offs :wink:

Damn night shifts get in the way of all the fun :mrgreen:
  • miss notax
    Next time :D

I'm really looking forward to riding the Forest of Dean - never been there before and i'm sure i'll want to go back!

• Bx
    Where are my stabilisers, You were not Awful!! :roll:

It was wet and slippy and I was on a bit of a mission due to racing a few days later (needed to get those lines wired so wasn't hanging around). You did fine, I think I just forget how steep some of it can seem if you're not used to riding steep things and if I had of been thinking I would have showed you the lines a bit more. So you're right NEXT time you come you're going to show us how it's done!

Any way speaking of offs, on race practise a few days after I was there with you I hit the same tree 3 times and gave myself a sore neck using my face as an emergency brake in the dirt!! :lol:

Monday is going to be awesome, Miss Notax you will love it :D
  • kathg
    kathg Posts: 142
    Would love to join you but we'll be riding in the sun in Portugal (hopefully)! Staying in Lagos and The Mountain Bike Adventure people are taking us out to play... God, can't wait!!

Kathg
  • miss notax
    Wow, sounds amazing! Enjoy Kath :D

• Bx
    Biking in the sun rather than the mud and rain/snow? I don't know why you'd want to do that :lol:

Have a great trip and make sure you fill a post full of sunny biking pics on your return to make us all jealous!
  • miss notax
    Well ladies, you all missed a fabulous days riding in blazing sunshine on dry trails.... NOT! :lol:

It was a fabulous day though, Bx and her buddy showed me around the various dh trails which was great fun (albeit rather scary). The weather was awful though - literally sheet ice in the car park, freezing cold, raining for part of the day and thick mud. I think Bx has a photo of us at the end, and it's not pretty :wink::lol:

Walked a few bits but rode much more than I expected, and only one off which was a combination of Bx sliding off on a corner and me not being able to stop, sliding, and riding straight into (or over?!!) her bike and practically landing on top of her :lol::lol::lol:

Anyway, am totally up for FOD or Cwmcarn again (probably between Christmas and New Year) if any other peeps on here fancy it??!

• Bx
    Well yesterday was a lot of fun but boy was it wet and muddy!

The ice, rain and mud couldn't spoil the day though and we did loads of runs, a few crashes and some comedy sliding! The high light of the day was definitely wiping out, landing in a pile of sticks and looking up to see Miss Notax flying towards me head first with her bike which I caught with 1 hand before it landed on my head! We struggled to get out of the pile of sticks due to being so tangled up and laughing so hard! :lol:

Miss Notax rode really well and didn't look scared at all. I hope she's also glad that I didn't turn out to be a pyschopathic axe murderer named Frank and therefore she had no need of her cross country helmet after all!

Here we are at the end of the day, I felt more muddy than we looked and had a fake tanned look before I got in the shower!

fodnotax.jpg

I'm definitely up for some festive riding and I hope some of you other girls feel tempted, go on you know you want to.