Alex Rasmussen Cleared

EKIMIKE
EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
edited November 2011 in Pro race

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    To be fair to Alex Rasmussen his third missed test was due to late notification of his quarterly whereabouts (which is somewhat foolish). He still got it in before the quarter started, but after the deadline. The UCI can hardly expect a rider sanctioned for this when it misses its own deadline to notify him about his missed deadline. However, why it isn't strike one of three for the UCI is another matter.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Hell yeah - 3 strikes and the UCI is banned for 2 years!!! That's the best idea ever!!!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Doobz
    Doobz Posts: 2,800
    :roll: :roll: The Rasmussen's and their whereabouts..
    cartoon.jpg
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    ddraver wrote:
    Hell yeah - 3 strikes and the UCI is banned for 2 years!!! That's the best idea ever!!!

Genius!

Poor Alex Rasmussen- I cannot think of another rider who went "Aye, right, it's a fair cop" and "I fully expect to be punished" and then the cycling gods looked favourably down on him and dispensed justice. I've not read one single sentence where he was considered to have doped, and he's lost his Garmin contract because he couldn't find his way out a paper bag.
  • EKIMIKE
    EKIMIKE Posts: 2,232
    I hope he gets a contract. He's a great rider, would have smashed Millar in the Giro TT were it not for a mechanical.

Would've been a decent outside bet for the worlds TT podium if he had been able to compete. Hopefully he's had a sufficiently good kick up the arse to jog his memory once in a while!
  • dave_1
    dave_1 Posts: 9,512
    this rider got away on a technicality and looks likey to have been pushing for time away from a test...I don't believe him at all and am glad he punctured at the Giro TT as we at least got a clean winner of the stage and someone with no such abuse of doping controls since 2004..a long time now, so definitely worth putting some faith in over Ras. I hope ras doesn't get a contract for 2012
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    He is confirmed for Garmin next season.

Edit- cant find hide nor hair of where I read it.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • NapoleonD wrote:

Login around here is becoming a pain:
    Yes, confirmed:
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dekker- ... armin-gala

Along with Tarnished Thomas Dekker. :oops:
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    NapoleonD wrote:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dekker-rasmussen-confirmed-at-garmin-gala

(in your defence the story is tagged 22 minutes after your post!)
  • napoleond
    Indeed. I scoured t'interweb and t'witter and couldn't find it anywhere then lo and behold the cycling news story appeared in my feed.
    I read it yesterday I'm sure...
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Indeed. I scoured t'interweb and t'witter and couldn't find it anywhere then lo and behold the cycling news story appeared in my feed.
    I read it yesterday I'm sure...

I think Inrng or Daniel Benson mentioned that he'll be riding for Garmin yesterday in one of their tweets.
  • napoleond
    From Inrng last night just after 1930...

One Garmin rider who can't make tonight's presentation is Alex Rasmussen. He will ride with them in 2012 t.co/fZi9xnx8 via @CrueTrue
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Guyzie
    Guyzie Posts: 79
    Not good. Does this mean that if, say you missed a control as you were playing away from home (allegedly) that that would be ok??
    "I'm disorganised" doesn't seem too far removed from "Don't tell the wife"... esp if you get your team mates to back you up???
    Just saying ;-)
  • It's refreshing to see that our sport is in such capable hands as the UCI. :shock:
  • calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    Guyzie wrote:
    Not good. Does this mean that if, say you missed a control as you were playing away from home (allegedly) that that would be ok??
    "I'm disorganised" doesn't seem too far removed from "Don't tell the wife"... esp if you get your team mates to back you up???
    Just saying ;-)

But he's not getting off because of his excuse, but because the UCI are dimwits. So this is irrelevant (until the UCI are dimwits again at least)

Strava is not Zen.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,511
    I think people like Rasmussen should be able to sign up to a Google Latitude type approach i.e. a GPS broadcasts his position all the time. More invasive, but he won't have to fill in any forms.
  • Guyzie
    Guyzie Posts: 79
    Is that for his wife or the UCI? Depending which Ras we're talking about :-)

Calv, yeah agreed. It's not the excuse but how the UCI handle a failure to comply with a rule.
    This sends out the message that if you say anything other than "I was pumping myself full of PHD's" you "might" get off.
  • napoleond
    To be fair to A Ras. He admitted he'd done wrong. It was down to the Uci to eff it up, not Ras fighting it!
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I like when Alex and Mickey Rasmussen are getting merged into the same person. Brilliant.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I agree Alex Rasmanmamussenison admidded he screwed up and welcomed taking the pubishment on the chin. Cynical side of me would think that several other riders would fight it tooth and nail to get clear. But fortunatly this doesn't need to be the case as the UCI can screw things up themself.

Just imagine if the screw up affected the Landis case etc. Poor show of the UCI.