Best session to watch at February's World Cup

MarkMcp
MarkMcp Posts: 426
edited November 2011 in Track
Hi all,

I am in the fortunate situation that for once as a resident of Hackney I get priority booking for the World Cup track event at the Olympic Velodrome in February. I assume that a schedule is yet to be announced, but am I correct in assuming that the sessions will be the same as previous World Cups ??? Any advice about what would be the best session to see, considering that I will be taking my seven year old son, who knows his Hoys, Wiggins and Cavendish's but little else and my other half who knows less than that. Is the Madison as difficult to understand what is going on for the spectators there as it is for those watching on TV ???

Cheers

Comments

• I chased up the BC today, and at the eleventh hour they've updated their website.
    http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership/article/pre-sale-tickets
    Here's the schedule from LOCOG
    http://www.londonpreparesseries.com/documents/track-cycling/uci-track-cycling-schedule.pdf

I'd thought it highly unlikely Cav will be riding, unfortunately there is no Madison in the World Cup. But I think there's a fair chance Wiggo will be riding in the Team Pursuit. Hoy is a given.
    As to what session to go and watch, that's easy to answer, all of them!
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • MarkMcp
    Thanks Colin, what a wonderfully helpful reply. I'd love to do the whole day on Sunday, but not quite sure the rest of the family would agree with me !!!!
  • MarkMcp wrote:
    Hi all,

I am in the fortunate situation that for once as a resident of Hackney I get priority booking for the World Cup track event at the Olympic Velodrome in February. I assume that a schedule is yet to be announced, but am I correct in assuming that the sessions will be the same as previous World Cups ??? Any advice about what would be the best session to see, considering that I will be taking my seven year old son, who knows his Hoys, Wiggins and Cavendish's but little else and my other half who knows less than that. Is the Madison as difficult to understand what is going on for the spectators there as it is for those watching on TV ???

Cheers

Hi Mark, I too am a resident of Hackney and couldn't find anywhere about the codes for pre sales for this event. How did you get the codes?

Tried to book this morning at 10am, no joy either.

cheers,

Jody
    Commuter: Litespeed Sienna, DA 7800
    Sunday Best: Cervelo S2 DA 7900
    Winter Hack: Cannondale Badboy discs for those really snowy commutes
    Spare: Trek 1200 (ali) with 9sd 105
    HED V04 TT being built
  • MarkMcp
    It was here http://www.hackney.gov.uk/2012-beat-the-rush.htm I had no luck on Tuesday, but the missus got some Diving and I didn't even have time to try this morning
  • Cheers Mark, bit gutted I missed out on this and on Olympic cycling tickets too. Enjoy the diving :)
    Commuter: Litespeed Sienna, DA 7800
    Sunday Best: Cervelo S2 DA 7900
    Winter Hack: Cannondale Badboy discs for those really snowy commutes
    Spare: Trek 1200 (ali) with 9sd 105
    HED V04 TT being built