Dartmoor at Christmas, Recommendation Request.

Blind Danny Johnson
Blind Danny Johnson Posts: 372
edited November 2011 in Routes
Hi guys,

Going to my girlfriend's parent's place just south of Dartmoor for Christmas and hope to get some riding done. I'm happy to just get on my bike and explore but I thought I'd see if anyone knows of any particularly good areas for mountain biking or of any existing trails?

Comments

• camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    There are loads of trails around Dartmoor
    how far do you want to ride? also do you have a bike satnav? if so I have a few good routes if you want them
    may even be around to get out for a ride depends if I get the Christmas week to work
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport
  • Hi mate I'm not sure about how far as such, I'll be with my girlfriend who hasn't ridden before so I'll probably go for a couple of chilled out rides with her and maybe try to get one or two in by myself which will be harder and longer.

I have Endomondo on my iPhone so would I be able to load your routes onto that?

At the moment I have no solid days when i'll be riding etc so I'll message here nearer the time and see if you're about to hook up. What type of riding is it? I like a nice fast decent and am up for the climbs to get me to them but I'm not so bothered about long flat rides without much variation either up or down if you see what i mean.
  • camerauk
    camerauk Posts: 1,000
    If you want a trail centre for the girlfriend I can recommend Haldon rides well even when wet
    I will look out a few rides around Dartmoor for you
    Specialized Camber Expert
    Specialized Allez Sport