Ouch !!!!

MattC59
MattC59 Posts: 5,408
edited November 2011 in The bottom bracket
Had a bit of an issue earlier. Whilst rushing to answer the phone, I turned around, straight into the door frame. Result. A steaming headache and a broken nose. Not ideal !!!
:(
Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved

Comments

• NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    Yes but how is the door frame??
  • I bent down to scratch my leg today and smacked my forehead into the door facing. Nearly smashed my glasses into my face. Not as bad a your incident but felt such a twat. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Matt you Knobhead :mrgreen:
  • MattC59
    Matt you Knobhead :mrgreen:

Thanks for the sympathy Stewie :wink:
    Yep, that was one of the many thoughts that went through my head, after "f*ck, sh*t, a*se bollox, ow, ow, ow, ow !!!!" :roll: :lol:
    NWLondoner wrote:

It's fine, although I did manage to get blood on the carpet !
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    I've smacked myself in the face countless times while pulling on arm warmers - grab hold, yoik them up, hand slips off smack into face.

Stand there bemused and shocked for a minute or so then carry on with day as normal.
  • Yossie wrote:
    I've smacked myself in the face countless times while pulling on arm warmers - grab hold, yoik them up, hand slips off smack into face.

Stand there bemused and shocked for a minute or so then carry on with day as normal.

Ooh, are we doing a "daft injuries" contest now? Unlikely as it seems, I gave myself a pretty nasty paper cut (more of a cardboard cut really, I guess) at the weekend whilst trying to get the cellophane off a box of tea bags. :oops:

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    MattC59 wrote:
    Didn't the mo stop the flow?

Facial hair fail.
  • MattC59 wrote:
    Matt you Knobhead :mrgreen:

Thanks for the sympathy Stewie :wink:
    Yep, that was one of the many thoughts that went through my head, after "f*ck, sh*t, a*se bollox, ow, ow, ow, ow !!!!" :roll: :lol:
    NWLondoner wrote:

I would have been angry at the door frame, I would possibly have punched it which would mean a broken nose and a broken hand :oops:
  • mingmong
    mingmong Posts: 542
    Did your sneck make a 'popping' sound afterwards ?

Mine did when I ran into a plane glass window at a Chateau in France. Quite amusing, for everyone but the injured.

Chin up ;-)
  • Wirral_paul
    Wirral_paul Posts: 2,476
    Dare I say it....................you'd have been ok if you were wearing your helmet!! :P

Hope you're soon feeling better and dont look too much like you just went 10 rounds with Mike Tyson
  • t.m.h.n.e.t
    t.m.h.n.e.t Posts: 2,265
    Witnessed a snapping cable tie a few years back,the victim was seeing stars and felt funny for quite a long time after.

No sympathy was offered
  • MattC59
    Well, it's fat, wobbly and clicks, and then there's my nose ! Ba-dum-tsssh :D

Fortunately althought it's very swollen and sore it's not that bruised, so I just look like I've got a big nose. I guess that the bruising is to come !
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Black eyes to match?

If not, pop round and I'll sort that for you.

Love n hugs

DD

ps hope you're not too sore now! Prat...
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • I've had to do a lot of driving recently and I hate both the car and driving. It's given me sciatica. I've got a damned driving injury and it's stopping me from cycling.

And recently, I had a mishap going to the toilet in the middle of the night and broke a rib. I'd only just got over this walking injury before the driving injury came along.

There, I hope you feel better now!
  • Stabbed myself in the eye with my toothbrush once.
  • Keith Oates
    Keith Oates Posts: 22,036
    I once went to a garden party and one of the guests wanted to go into the house and walked straight into the patio door windows, he also had a bump to go with the headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ride Daily, Keep Healthy
  • izza
    izza Posts: 1,561
    Wife once got out of bed in the middle of the night and walked straight into the edge of the dorr.

Two outcomes:

- I woke up the next morning, rolled over to ask where my cup of tea was,only to be faced by a packet of frozen peas.
    - all her workmates started asking "if everything was OK at home?" and looking at me with suspicious frowns.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    at the risk of repeating myself and only to prevent me from typing it all out again...

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=12798463