Buying tickets for World Cup event in February

usedtobefast
usedtobefast Posts: 145
edited November 2011 in Track
Hi All,

Via the BC link I've been trying to buy 3 tickets to the World Cup event at the 2012 velodrome in February but the only session I'm getting any availability for is the Friday qualifying - this is half an hour after they went on presale to selected groups and I'm finding it hard to believe they've sold out already. Is this Ticketmaster up to there old tricks (see BBC watchdog)

Frustrating !
Trainee BC level 2 coach ... and that's offical (30th June 2013)

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
Quest carbon circa 1994 - winter bike
Fuji Track Comp 2010

Comments

• Tried buying 6 tickets, tried buying 1 ticket, any session any date, same message:
    Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

Rhymes with, Lock up!
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • Tried buying 6 tickets, tried buying 1 ticket, any session any date, same message:
    Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

Rhymes with, Lock up!

Same as the above and I was on there as soon as the code went live.
    You might have had a response from a pro cyclist on Twitter, you may even have chatted to a 'journo', but ultimately, you still know nothing. You're not an insider, no matter how much you wish you are.
  • I managed to get tickets for Friday evening, wahaaay.

You need to click on the link that says 'Book Multiple Sessions', it will then list all sessions saying that you can only book separately, click on that link and it will take you to the session you want.

Good Luck.
  • Tried that - did all sessions and all days - and only got qualification on the Friday

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • Another point. Does anyone know if a concession ticket is for the under 16's ? I can't find a definition of this anywhere.

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • Same here - no joy whichever way I try and get tickets for any of the Saturday or Sunday sessions.
  • robert-sb wrote:
    I managed to get tickets for Friday evening, wahaaay.

You need to click on the link that says 'Book Multiple Sessions', it will then list all sessions saying that you can only book separately, click on that link and it will take you to the session you want.

Good Luck.

I did that as well, and got nothing available.
    You might have had a response from a pro cyclist on Twitter, you may even have chatted to a 'journo', but ultimately, you still know nothing. You're not an insider, no matter how much you wish you are.
  • greeny12
    greeny12 Posts: 759
    I got totally confused (silly old fool!) by the front page, missed the option on which session to book, then bought three tickets for Thursday evening by mistake! They are going begging at face value (£40 a pop, decent seats) although someone has first refusal pending success or otherwise in the public sale. If anyone is interested I'll keep you posted on here.

When I realised my mistake I did manage to get back in and get tix for the session I wanted, Sat afternoon, but those are up in the gods. Never mind - new technology baffles pissed old hack, as Private Eye used to say...
    My cycle racing blog: http://cyclingapprentice.wordpress.com/

If you live in or near Sussex, check this out:
    http://ontherivet.ning.com/
  • British Cycling priority allocation has now sold out according to the BC site. The rest of the tickets go on sale to the general public at 10am on Thursday.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,577
    Can anyone tell me the best place to try and buy these tickets come Thursday, is it only ticketmaster??
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • Yeah, officially only Ticketmaster.

I wondered how many others would be frustrated! I logged on 9am sharp and the only seats available were the upper sections for Fri & Sat day sessions only ( I can't make Thurs so didn't look). Absolutely gutted! So I booked what I could, then tried searching again and, by a miracle a Sunday ticket popped up. From what I could tell all the tickets were sold in a matter of minutes. Can't believe it. Anybody know how many BC were allocated?

All the Paralympic sessions are gone too. They could have built a 20,000 seater and I reckon they'd have filled it. Fingers crossed for 10am Thurs!
  • daniel_b
    Thanks Mikey, will be hopping on at around 10am then to try my luck.

Just need to figure out tonight what sessions to try and go for!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • SLX01
    SLX01 Posts: 338
    What a joke failed to get BC tickets, sold out, failed to get host borough tickets, sold out, now all the general tickets went despite being online when they went live at 10am!!
  • I'm beginning to hate the Olympics, on-line at 10am and all apparently sold - can't be right :-(
  • I was online before 10am (approx 3 minutes) and still didn't get any tickets :-(

They should've built a bigger velodrome with more seating. Looks like I'm relying on the BBC to catch the action.

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • Just to make me happier about who has got the tickets please post if you were lucky enough and got any - I also hope you have a fab time!
  • SLX01
    SLX01 Posts: 338
    ah_whitt wrote:
    Just to make me happier about who has got the tickets please post if you were lucky enough and got any - I also hope you have a fab time!

Probably find out who has the tickets once they stick them on ebay for £100!! The whole ticket thing is a fiasco what is the point of having priority tickets for BC members if you are going to limit the numbers and then flog the rest to the general public. Priority should have been just that BC members get an extra day to buy tickets then the rest go on sale if they remain unsold.
  • I got 4 for the whole day on Sunday. Pressed the button at about 1 minute to 10.00. Seats up near the roof but at least I got some. No olympic tickets though so it will be good to see the velodrome.

I think they were all sold by about 10.02 because friends tried at 10.00 and were held in the waiting queue and by the time they got through they couldn't get any. Probably bought by lots of people who have never ridden a bike and will sell on.
  • dp_1410
    dp_1410 Posts: 168
    hi guys,

its a shame to read so many stories of people failing to get tickets

i missed out completely with the olympic ballot (like almost everyone else!)

managed to get 4 tickets on the finish line for sunday and 4 up in the heavens on the saturday evening through the BC presale ballot, just seemed to be luck of the draw

thankfully doesnt seem to be any up on ebay quite yet!
  • greeny12
    As ever with Ticketmaster, the screens went live about two minutes to 10am.

I managed to upgrade my Saturday daytime session tickets to row 5 overlooking the finish line!

So now I have two lots of spare tickets to sell at face value (no profiteering here!) to anyone who missed out in the scramble:

3x Thursday evening @£40 a pop plus the £2.75 TM postage fee. Top priced seats over the banking at one end

3x Saturday daytime @£20 a pop plus the £2.75 TM postage fee. Up in the cheaper seats, BL 210

Anyone interested PM me, but no need to pay anything until the tickets actually arrive and I can send 'em on...

• greeny12 that is a generous offer. Top man.
  • If you think trying to get to go and watch track riding at the velodrome is frustrating wait until you want to book to ride the track after the Olympics, now that WILL be a fiasco!
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • Hi greeny12,

I'll take the Sat daytime ones please.

Thanks

Scott Addict R4 (2008)
    Scott Genius MC30 (2006)
    Fuji Track Comp 2010
  • greeny12
    edited November 2011
    Edit: all my spares gone now.

• zebra67
    zebra67 Posts: 113
    Oh gawd, Trying to follow this thread, am I right to think that the only recourse now is probably to look out for tix on Ebay, is that the concensus? I was taking my 3yo to get his head stitched & running myself to dentist for urgent repairs so couldn't have been online at 10am, anyway.
    Foo.

What did they tend to sell for, each, originally? I dread to think what I'll have to pay on Ebay (sigh).
  • I got a pair for Sunday, £40 each. As another poster has said, they went live just before 10am. They had all seemingly gone by the time I had completed my purchase at 10.03. I'm delighted to have got them, but am genuinely disappointed for everyone who missed out. Hopefully the vast majority went to people with an interest in the sport and not those seeking to make quick money, but the pessimist in me says that this might not be the case.
  • daniel_b
    I did not realise they went live before 10am......

I managed to bag two fairly good seats for Saturday day, but now looking at the schedule (Yes I should have looked before) realise this is perhaps the least exciting of all the sessions to attend :-(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • "SLX01 wrote:
    The whole ticket thing is a fiasco what is the point of having priority tickets for BC members if you are going to limit the numbers and then flog the rest to the general public. Priority should have been just that BC members get an extra day to buy tickets then the rest go on sale if they remain unsold.

Even if BC members had got priority access to 100% of the tickets I still think there'd be people disappointed. It's just simple maths - 40,000 BC members into 6000 seats doesn't go. Granted not all BC members are after tickets, but BC's ranks have swelled dramatically in the past twelve months and I suspect it's largely due to people hoping for some kind of priority on Olympic/Paralympic/London Prepares tickets. And with some people buying multiple tickets it's obvious there will never be enough to go round. Then there's the Host Borough allocation, etc. But BC shouldn't have exclusivity on tickets otherwise the whole event becomes some kind of closed shop.

I do feel for those without tickets. A better way would have been to stagger ticket sales, so that some people still have a chance even if they can't be online at 10am. The alternative is to save for a flight to Astana next year (if they host again) - no shortage of empty seats for the Kazakh meeting!
  • poppit
    poppit Posts: 926
    Got 2 tickets for the Thursday evening session, logged on at 9.10 on Tuesday and it seemed pretty straightforward. Going to the Revolution tomorrow as well, track overload!
    Eddy Merckx EMX-3
    Dolan L'Etape
    Cougar Zero Uno
    Genesis Core 50
    Planet X TOR
  • Gordo's World of Zoom http://zoom-gordo.blogspot.com/
    Those that can, do. Those that can't write about it.