Criteria for Welsh Championships Dec 2011

dru
dru Posts: 1,341
edited November 2011 in Track
Hi people,

Can anyone give me a quick (and accurate) answer regarding what you need to ride at the Welsh Championships at Newport Velodrome in December?

It's a regional C+ race, which I see that you need a BCF license, but can you race on the provisional one given with Bronze or Silver Membership?

Also do you need to be accredited at Newport or any other Velodrome track?

Cheers,

Dru

Comments

• oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Dru wrote:
    Hi people,

Can anyone give me a quick (and accurate) answer regarding what you need to ride at the Welsh Championships at Newport Velodrome in December?

It's a regional C+ race, which I see that you need a BCF license, but can you race on the provisional one given with Bronze or Silver Membership?

Also do you need to be accredited at Newport or any other Velodrome track?

Cheers,

Dru
    You just need a licence and not accreditation.
    If you have never raced on the track on a tuesday there I would not even think about it.
    No disrespect but there is no comparison between doing accreditation and improvers courses and doing a race at flat out speed.
    The av speed you would need even tostay in bunch will be 30mph and if you cannot maintain this and get dropped you have to be very concious of whats happening on the track when being lapped.
    I would try the track league on tuesdays forst and start in c or d and work through.
    Most riders in the champs will be a or b riders and maybe some c younger ones :D
  • dru
    dru Posts: 1,341
    Don't worry about the no disrespect bit. :)

As a club we are looking to enter a few teams into the team pursuit and team sprints and just want to be sure of criteria for eligable riders.
  • oldwelshman
    oldwelshman Posts: 4,733
    Dru wrote:
    Don't worry about the no disrespect bit. :)

As a club we are looking to enter a few teams into the team pursuit and team sprints and just want to be sure of criteria for eligable riders.
    Cool.
    You will be ok for team sprint and pursuitthough they do need practice as you will be balls out and inches apart lol both events are very technical.
    It is probably a bit late for training now, if you do next year let me know if on weekend and I will come and practice with you :-)