Video : my 3 year old son @ Glentress ( Berm Baby Berm)

~ ~ Cal ~ ~
~ ~ Cal ~ ~ Posts: 36
edited November 2011 in MTB general
Hey guys,

Pretty proud of my son who has progressed from his Kokua balance bike (as used by Jackson Goldstone from Pinkbike) to Glentress in under a 12 months. He's turns four next month.

Here's a video of him hitting the Blue Run : Berm Baby Berm

http://vimeo.com/31348568

Thanks to those of you who were patient with him :D He caused widespread amusement where ever he went.

Cheers,

Cal

edit ->> jump to first post on Page 2 for me new edit - thanks, Cal

Comments

• mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    aha thats mint you must be proud as punch

lil guy has no fear :D

damn i wish i was 3 bacon butties are so much bigger ;)
  • Ha, what a legend!

He rails berms much better than me!
  • That's awesome! The little dude rocking in the back seat is just amazing haha

He looks quite comfortable going round there, I recon you've got a Steve Peat in the making there! 8)
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Keep training the kid, he'll turn out amazing! Glad to see the youngster has gotten out with you and done some things!
  • GSP1984
    GSP1984 Posts: 79
    Amazing... I love that!
  • Ah, lovely video and gutsy little man too. Do I see another Steve Peat or Dan Atherton in the making?
  • In bed dying from Man FLu and thats just cheered me up no end! Best thing ive seen in ages. You must be dead proud!
  • That video was brilliant. I showed it to my boys this weekend in a bid to get them out of the house and it worked :D whats more my youngest (4yr old) rode about 3miles down the TransPennineTrail with his stabilizers on, then I took them off for him to have another go at balancing going down a slope in the playing field and he mastered balance then rode the 3miles back home without stabilizers :D

Matthew
  • Mojo_666
    Mojo_666 Posts: 860
    That is pretty epic to be fair.
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    That's amazing! What a cutie. Definitely a MTBing talent in the making there!!!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • DCR00
    DCR00 Posts: 2,160
    awesome vid

cant wait to take my Son biking (he's only 1 tho, so a couple of years to wait yet)
  • Bless him, if my nine and five year olds are anything to go by, he is going to love mtbiking. It will do wonders for his confidence too. Has anyone seen any trails that have been anywhere near as well maintained south of the border?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    That's fantastic. Good work on the vid too.

Didn't get any air off the tabletops though, you should beat him til he improves.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Thats just a fantastic video.
    How many times do you keep saying pedal pedal pedal? In my case it was loads and still do. Such a good feeling watching them do stuff like that.
    fly like a mouse, run like a cushion be the small bookcase!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    superb, my boy's 2 can't wait to take him to cwmcarn :D
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Has anyone seen any trails that have been anywhere near as well maintained south of the border?

It's almost brand new btw. And built just for once by people who know what they're doing rather than random builders who know how to make driveways.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Northwind wrote:
    Has anyone seen any trails that have been anywhere near as well maintained south of the border?

It's almost brand new btw. And built just for once by people who know what they're doing rather than random builders who know how to make driveways.

Be sure to send them down here as soon as they are done please!
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Good stuff.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • brilliant, what a little star!
  • Many thanks for all the kind comments guys. My son is lapping it up.

BikeRadar actually contacted me and shall be using the footage at some point soon on their website. Was sent some gifts for Finlay as a consequence. Oli from Future Publishing is a very nice fellow indeed.

It would seem that many people use this video to spur on their own kids. I made a new cut which shows his early days of learning and it's posted on Pinkbike. It should feature on "Movies for your Mondays" next week according to Tyler Maine.

New footage here :P

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/226606/

Thanks once again for all the support. Danny Hart, watch your back !

Cal
  • CAT69
    CAT69 Posts: 376
    absoloutley love it....star of the future.
  • Glad to see the little guy has also gotten a few gifts as well, and that things are going well for him!

Congrats ib getting it featured too.
  • 1mancity2
    1mancity2 Posts: 2,355
    Brill!, My boy has just turned 5 and he comes on the bmx park with me, struggles with the brakes but otherwise he is mental, they have no fear.

Keep him intrested and in a couple of years he will be showing you how to ride.
    Finished, Check out my custom Giant Reign 2010
    Dirt Jumper Dmr Sidekick2
  • Fantastic little rider and great video editing - what editing package did you use to get that album effect? It really makes the video 8)
  • Fantastic little rider and great video editing - what editing package did you use to get that album effect? It really makes the video 8)

Hi - many thanks. I used iMovie 2011 on a Mac. All simple stuff to be honest. The software does the magic !

Cheers
  • excelant vid double thumbs up to the kid great riding and double thumbs up to you for being calm cant wait to see more
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    cal thats so cool and well done done to the little one for riding glentress...

i have a 4 yr old daughter (summer) she to started on a kokoura (sp) trainer bike she loves watching jakson goldstone on pinkbike, we upgraded her to a scott contessa jr 12 which she learned to ride without stabilisers, she quickly progressed, and will do 8 mile with me on bridal ways and canal tow path cycle paths ect...
    she is now on a scott contessa jr 16.. i am trying to build her up for her first trip to leequarry,, i cant wait,... you must be the proudest dad out there...
    i need to get some video footage of summer on her bike.... i only got this learning to jump on her trampbike (if it's good enough for the likes of cam mcaul and others then why not..)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh4wklrN7Rc
  • awesome fella, i bet you are proud of your son :) im looking forward to spending quality tim elike that with my son when hes a bit bigger :D
  • delcol - ace footage ! wee have a jumpking trampoline and I never thought about taking his balance bike onto it. Sweet training methods there my good man !

Yesterday, we managed to get Finlay featured on Pinkbike infamously cool "Movies for your Monday".....his clip has had over 8000+ views. His video is 3/4 of the way down this page http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Movie-Mond ... -2011.html

The MBUK /Bikeradar article is still to come......

As always, fuelled by your feedback and the community atmosphere. You guys rawk ! :P

Cheers, Cal
  • delcol
    delcol Posts: 2,848
    funny that i just seen the vid on pink bike...

thanks for your comments.... summer loves the trampoline and her bike so it was a no brainer to combine the 2..