giant talon 3

dazzametal
dazzametal Posts: 18
edited October 2011 in MTB general
just how good is my giant talon 3 hardtail? it rides ok but dont wanna find out ive bought a croc!!

cheers for the advise..

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Good compared to what?
    If it rides ok, it's fine.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • chez_m356
    chez_m356 Posts: 1,893
    its as good as any of the other so called entry level bikes,as cooldad says if it rides ok,its fine,just get out and enjoy it
    Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc 10- CANYON Nerve AM 6 2011
  • Compared a BSO, amazing. Compared to a 4k bike, not any better, but not a whole lot worse.

It doesn't matter too much anyways, as long as you enjoy the bike and feel comfortable on it.
  • I've got a Talon 1 from last year and I think it's great. The frames are all the same despite the spec level and good quality (it's taken my heft jumping and dropping on it). The only thing I'd complain about is the own-brand rear hub, which is terrible.

I'm sure there are better deals out there if you search, but the Giant is a great bike and a great deal, so be happy and ride it.
    Big guy; small air!
  • I have a 2010 Talon 2 and the forks died inside a a year. As Giant did not have a replacement, they sent my LBS the current RRP of thr old forks, which I put towards a pair of Rockshox Toras. I could not believe the difference. Things previously unrideable are now being breezed over. Chnage the forks for good ones asap. I have had no other issues with it whatsoever.