Bristol-Bath cyclepath

markos1963
markos1963 Posts: 3,724
Staying down in Bristol I thought I'd go and give it a go as it passes by my mums house. What a lovely ride! Apart from the fact there was no hills( I know that's rich as I live in Norfolk!) it's perfect. Shame there's not a countrywide network like this. Sunday was a lovely day and I was amazed at the numbers riding it, from roadies to toddlers it was a joy to see. I spun along at a fair clip on my SS and to my amazement managed the 30 mile round trip in 90 mins without even thinking about it!

Any other recommended rides in this area?( not too hilly as I only have the SS with me!)

Comments

• Zoomer37
    Zoomer37 Posts: 725
    Often do it after a hard day in the saddle to sort the legs out. Lovely first thing in the morning when the sun is coming up!
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    Did it on the third day of a ride along the Kennet & Avon canal from Reading to the coast. It is a fantastic ride and in the sun its really picturesque at points. If you want to go further you could get on the kennet at Bath and go on to Bradford on avon - all flat and really fantastic ride. Going the other way, we continued on from Bristol to Severn Beach - along the bottom of the avon gorge - again well recommended and not too steep anywhere. We got the train from there back to Reading but you could cycle back another sustrans route over the top and back into Bristol making it a loop.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,688
    apreading wrote:
    If you want to go further you could get on the kennet at Bath and go on to Bradford on avon - all flat and really fantastic ride.
    Agreed, though this bit of the route isn't quite as road bike friendly - perfectly navigable, but a bit tougher on the tyres, as it's not such a good surface as the Bristol to Bath path. Very pretty though.