Where's everyone riding this weekend?

MrGeebs
MrGeebs Posts: 62
edited October 2011 in MTB general
Where & what sort of riding are you up to this weekend?

Have a good one!!
um .. . . . .

Comments

• GSP1984
    GSP1984 Posts: 79
    Just a last minute jaunt across to Llandelga for me, I don't have time for anything more interesting :(
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    We were meant to be riding in Scotland this weekend, but we had to cancel at the last minute (hence I am sat at my desk instead of MTBing :( ) :?

A quick blat around the forest on Sunday afternoon is the best I can hope for I think!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    To the marina and back to get on the boat and go racing. Big Boat Weekend so it's both days.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • MrGeebs
    MrGeebs Posts: 62
    I'm riding from my house in stoke to stourport which is about 9 miles south of wolverhampton on saturday, staying over & drinking & merry making and then cycling back on sunday. It's about 45 miles so 90 round trip, I'll spend most of sat morning scanning the OS maps for possible bridleways, quiet roads and canals I can traverse to stay off the main roads.
    um .. . . . .
  • ashleymp777
    ashleymp777 Posts: 1,212
    Err, a road ride around the Isle of Wight! Mmm........
  • Dan Dare
    Dan Dare Posts: 367
    To work and back, Saturday AND Sunday :(
  • I will hopefully be able to get a ride in this weekend, but I have a slight feeling it will only be on the road bike due to time.

Out in the mountains though, so should be cool.
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    I've decided that the best way to improve my results in the innerleithen enduro races, is to cheat. So tomorrow I'm heading down with the big bike and the video camera and hopefully Elliot'll have some spaces in the uplift bus and I can spend all day bussing and riding up and down and gain a gigantic unfair advantage :lol:

Course, I will still get decimated by all the better riders. Which now I think of it, is practically everyone else. Being in the same age class as Crawford Carrick-Anderson seems a bit unfair :lol:

Then on sunday perhaps a gentle XC spin in the hills behind my house.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • felix.london
    felix.london Posts: 4,067
    Just had a week in The Netherlands for a wedding, eating & drinking way too much

Currently waiting in the bar at Stansted airport for my flight back to the Alps

Found a great DH run / evil climb before I left so will do a few circuits of that Sat & Sun I reckon

Bit of snow around too so should be a blast! :D
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8
  • Northwind wrote:
    I've decided that the best way to improve my results in the innerleithen enduro races, is to cheat. So tomorrow I'm heading down with the big bike and the video camera and hopefully Elliot'll have some spaces in the uplift bus and I can spend all day bussing and riding up and down and gain a gigantic unfair advantage :lol:

Course, I will still get decimated by all the better riders. Which now I think of it, is practically everyone else. Being in the same age class as Crawford Carrick-Anderson seems a bit unfair :lol:

Then on sunday perhaps a gentle XC spin in the hills behind my house.

I have never heard of that guy, but the first part of my last name is Crawford, so I like his name!
  • South lakes for me on Sunday. Garburn pass, gatesgarth pass, nan bield pass then ack over garburn. Big day out with (hopefully) big views too.
    When you go to the ground you are in my world. My world is the ocean. I am the shark and most people don't know how to swim
  • stubs
    stubs Posts: 5,001
    Settle and Malham tarn loop I think depends on the weather if its crud then it will be Gisburn
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • KulaBen
    KulaBen Posts: 220
    Llandegla saturday, Sunday i'll break out the road bike and head round alderly edge and on to the peaks.
    Hoping the weather stays good!
  • Northwind
    I have never heard of that guy, but the first part of my last name is Crawford, so I like his name!

OT but, he's a DH legend from the turn of the century. It's funny racing at Innerleithen because of all the faces that turn up- frinstance til recently, if you were racing in Juniors you'd have Ruaridh Cunningham to beat, in his world champion colours, but now he's in seniors and so the others have a chance, oh no wait, here's Lewis Buchanan. But hey, at least he's only the 4th best junior in the world. I'm old so I should be up against other fat weekend warriors with all the gear no idea, oh no, there's people who were winning championships before most of this forum were born :lol:

But it's a good crack. And no amount of cheaty practice will stop my ass from getting whipped, again. :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • lee96
    lee96 Posts: 164
    I am not riding at all this weekend for the 5th weekend in a row :(

Can't wait to get back on the bike. Might head into town tomorrow for an urban downhill session.
  • Well then, no matter what you do Northwind, make sure you end with a smilee! At least if you know you won't come first, then you just focus on having a good time :)
  • Northwind
    This is the plan. And hey, who knows, he might break a leg or something, then it'll be quite close.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Gisburn sunday Again. So see a fatty on a spark pushing his bike up the hills again.. Then say hi.

I'm getting further up the hills each week so heading in the right direction
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Down a hill, in the mud.
  • adun1408
    adun1408 Posts: 123
    will be riding round hamsterley, haven't been out on bike for months so looking forward to it
  • Llandegla Sunday.
  • Cannock tomorrow and Sunday...
  • SUPERSUTT
    SUPERSUTT Posts: 292
    not out this weekend away in blackpool with the wife and kid
    falling off doesn't hurt....its the landing that hurts

FS Giant Trance X3 (2013)
    FS Specialized Camber 2011 (2011)=(stolen)
    HT Merlin Malt one (sold)
  • Hoping to get round cannock this weekend, see if i can stay uninjured this time. :oops: :oops:

Off to Llandegla on Thursday for a long weekend, bring it on. :D:D
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    Bit of XC somewhere in North Wales tomorrow, and then hopefully a bit of downhill at Foel Gasnach on sunday if the weather holds up. Looking forward to it!
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • Stu Coops
    Stu Coops Posts: 426
    Brecon tomorrow for me the Gap, nice route can't wait just hope it stays dry
    Zesty 514 Scott Scale 20 GT Expert HalfwayupMTB
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    My first DH race tomorrow! The lovely Misses is coming with a camera to take some snaps of me in the bottom quartile of the rankings (I suspect).
  • sabrezx
    sabrezx Posts: 20
    Drumlanrig for me tomorrow, not been there with the 29er so looking forward to it. Should be like a pig in you know what (or mud!).
  • Northwind wrote:
    OT but, he's a DH legend from the turn of the century. It's funny racing at Innerleithen because of all the faces that turn up- frinstance til recently, if you were racing in Juniors you'd have Ruaridh Cunningham to beat, in his world champion colours, but now he's in seniors and so the others have a chance, oh no wait, here's Lewis Buchanan. But hey, at least he's only the 4th best junior in the world. I'm old so I should be up against other fat weekend warriors with all the gear no idea, oh no, there's people who were winning championships before most of this forum were born :lol:

RC is in elite
    Buchanan is in juniors
    But neither of them race enduros, dh only
    CCA races vets category ...

Don't let any of these facts get in the way of a good internet story tho :shock: :D
  • miss notax
    miss notax Posts: 2,572
    My first DH race tomorrow! The lovely Misses is coming with a camera to take some snaps of me in the bottom quartile of the rankings (I suspect).

Good luck :D
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of moments that take your breath away....

Riding a gorgeous ano orange Turner Burner!

Sponsor the CC2CC at http://www.justgiving.com/cc2cc