Physio

essex-commuter
essex-commuter Posts: 2,188
edited October 2011 in Commuting chat
Had a physio session this afternoon on my IT band, my god the pain. I was this > < close to decking the guy!

Comments

• It does really hurt when they get their thumbs into the trigger point halfway up the ITB. My physio was a woman though so deckage wasn't an option.

Here'sa weird tip for DIY ITB massage. I'm trying it out at the moment and it seems pretty soothing if nothing else. I reckon the rest of this guy's videos are worth a watch as he makes quite a lot of sense (to me at least).
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    They do it on purpose :D

My favorite is when they are trying to locate the point of an (w)injury. You show them EXACTLY where it is but on every consultation they stick their thumbs 2 inches in and then say "does this hurt" even though you have just tensed every fibre in your body and made a loud involuntary noise before slumping back onto the couch in a cold sweat. :lol:

Have you also notices that physio is not to far from psycho...there is a reason for that!
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    I use a foam roller on my ITB, although now I'm cycling more than running it doesn't tighten anywhere near as much as it used to.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX