sidi shoe sizing

mallorcajeff
mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
edited October 2011 in Road buying advice
Im after a pair of sidi shoes but dont have the option to try on here in a shop. I take an 10.5 normal shoes and my north waves are 10.5 but sidi are different i understand. Any advice on experience? go one size up always or more?

any help appreciated. thanks

Comments

• rafletcher
    rafletcher Posts: 1,235
    At least one size larger - they're also quite narrow. If you buy from Wiggle you can try on (indoors) at home, and if you don't like send back for exchange.
  • Wiggle have a good deal on Sidi Fives at the moment as well.
  • ajb72
    ajb72 Posts: 1,178
    yep, go up 1 size - I went from 45 in Specialized to 46 in Sidi.
  • Choose the Mega (Wide) and the same size with your previous shoes...they're very comfortable...
  • flintlock
    flintlock Posts: 105
    Hi Jeff

Have you tried the shop in Binasalem? I got my size 47 Sidis from there.

I have also got northwave in a size 46 and the northwaves although smaller are not as small as a 46 Sidi. i would therefore suggest trying a half size up.

The Sidis are also a lot narrower than Northwave and therefore if your happy with the width of the Northwave i would agree with the suggestion to go for the mega fit Sidi's.

Thanks

Neil
  • rafletcher wrote:
    At least one size larger - they're also quite narrow. If you buy from Wiggle you can try on (indoors) at home, and if you don't like send back for exchange.
    exactly as i have found too - but love these shoes, wouldn't buy any other
  • Just to be different :oops:

I take size 45 in Shimano, but had to drop to size 44 for Sidi. My normal shoe size is 44, but in Shimano they were a fraction too short.

I do have narrow feet, so the the Sidi being narrow fitting is a bonus.
    Agree with previous posters that they are very comfortable and worth seeking out.
  • northpole
    northpole Posts: 1,499
    My spesh size 45 converted to 46 in sidi. Be sure to allow for a pair of spesh footbeds - the standard insoles supplied with sidi shoes are their one weak point - they aren't much better than a sheet of cardboard!

Peter
  • boondog
    boondog Posts: 205
    I'm 45 in Shimano, and 45 in Sidis. No difference for me.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    cheers for the comments and yes neil off to binisalem saturday thanks
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    Sidi also do half sizes though many dont stock them so you have to track then down. I take 46 in Shimano though they are a bit too big, 45 are too small. Sidi 45 1/2 are perfect - well worth the hassle in my case.