Not very Blue Pig - ***Finished***

rtorbs
rtorbs Posts: 94
edited October 2011 in Your mountain bikes
Thought Id start a new thread seen as though the Mmmbop died and went to the bicycle graveyard in the sky....

Got a refund for it and managed to find a 16" MkII Blue Pig in skwosh, as much as I like the colour I wanted something different so off to triple S went the pig.....

Fast forward a week and Im pretty sure its the only one on here :)

Ive ordered loads of bits some of which have arrived, the rest should be here this week and ill update accordingly.....same with the build spec list if anyone is interested?...I havent decided on every last thing yet but have got a good idea..

Just tidied up the thread, swapped images for some better? ones taken they day after the build as opposed to the night of, think they're a bit clearer, its changed again since however as ive now cut the steerer, swapped the Barons for some 2.3 minions, fitted neogaurd, heli tape'd it and frame wrapped it....will add soon

Frame: MKII Blue Pig powdercoated white
Forks: Revelation XX 15mm maxle
Bars: Race Face Atlas AM 725mm
Stem: Sunline V One 50mm
Headset: Hope Integrated
Grips: Ragley Skinny

Brakes: M4 Ltd edition Black and Green
Front disc: Hope Floating Rotor in black 180MM
Rear Disc: Hope Floating Rotor in black 160MM
Hoses: Hope std black

Shifters: Sram X9 9spd
Cables: Std Sram
Front Mech: Sram x9
Rear Mech: Sram x0
Chain Device: Blackspire Stinger (still awaiting)

Seat: Charge Spoon
Seat Post: Rockshox Reverb
Seat Post Clamp: Hope bolt through in black

Cranks: Race Face Atlas AM double with bash
Chain: Sram PC951
Pedals: Superstar nano tech
Bottom Bracket: Hope stainless steel

Wheels: Hope hoops Pro 2 evo hubs on Mavic 721 rims

Weight: 29lbs or there abouts I think! Scales were not behaving!

Think thats everything, might swap the rear tyre for a single ply baron for day to day riding but other than that I hope this baby lasts :D

6902220367_0a694997ab.jpg

6902229931_5e5237f781.jpg

6902238997_20a9faf3cb.jpg

6902242755_3088172205.jpg

6902252517_b99029852f.jpg

6902257481_fff786354a.jpg

6902262657_4691e9e2c8.jpg

6902267703_cfd4a4bfdf.jpg

6902272313_22e1dbff9c.jpg

6902278455_cbe6b7f757.jpg

6902283269_0b1994b046.jpg

Comments

• sanchez89
    sanchez89 Posts: 567
    white frame, very nice. going to put OEM stickers on it or leave plain?
    2011 KHS Full Susser Carbon 29er Race Build
    Clank wrote:
    M'eh, I might just go back to zapping it with frikken lay-zur beeeems. And sharks.
  • rtorbs
    sanchez89 wrote:
    white frame, very nice. going to put OEM stickers on it or leave plain?

Tbh I dont know for def.....Im going for a black/whte/green theme so might get tthe pig x decals yet ? Im gonna see what it looks like next week when its all done then decide I reckon....
  • rtorbs
    Just about done now I think....not sure if I should bother with any more decals ? Thoughts anyone?
  • that looks like sex on wheels. good job.
  • rtorbs
    smokymcjoe wrote:
    that looks like sex on wheels. good job.

:) cheers, well happy with how its turned out
  • B0B94
    B0B94 Posts: 1
    awesome build dude really nice

like the look of the m4's what are they like?
  • rtorbs
    Cheers mate,

I havent really had chance to bed them in yet, will get out a couple nights this week so they're ready for the weekend...initial impressions are good though, nice modulation and not too powerfull ....was concious id be over the bars 'more than normal' lol but they seem nice....and bling too :D
  • Wow, that's a very bling bike, love it! ...Where'd you get the green hope caps from? Thought they were team only colours?

Don't sticker it up, bare frames are so much better than logos plastered all over it!
  • rtorbs
    Wow, that's a very bling bike, love it! ...Where'd you get the green hope caps from? Thought they were team only colours?

Don't sticker it up, bare frames are so much better than logos plastered all over it!

thanks...first proper build from scratch :)

Brakes were just this years limited edition run i believe....stumbled across them purely by chance on fleabay Ironically from a hope dealer just round the corner from mine.....

As for team colours, that might explain why they dont do other green bits....hubs would have been nice otehrwise !

Oh and yeah sticking with just the headtube decal and tiny little pig.....
  • Nick78
    Nick78 Posts: 26
    sweet looking build. Ive just picked up my Blue Pig today, fox float 140 rl upfront, full slx trans, hayes stroker brakes, mavic crossrides, sunline v1 seatpost and eastone ea70 bar and stem. Loving it and not even had a proper ride on it yet

Enjoy it

nick