hope bash guard

madmax245
madmax245 Posts: 108
edited October 2011 in MTB buying advice
does anybody know when hope are putting their bashguard on sale????
Realylike the look of them.
live to ride ,ride to live
If I'm not riding I'm not happy.

Comments

• bamba
    bamba Posts: 856
    like the look of it ? really ?

http://www.hopetech.com/page.aspx?itemi ... =technical
    mind you the lastest offering from ethirteen looks pants imo
    Cant find no mention of it for sale any where, apparently £35 which aint bad for a British product
  • It's just because it says Hope on it :roll:
  • Pudseyp
    Pudseyp Posts: 3,514
    Looks crap...take a look at Blackspire
    Tomac Synper 140 Giant XTC Alliance 1
    If the world was flat, I wouldn't be riding !
  • madmax245
    madmax245 Posts: 108
    like the look of the E*13 one aswell
    live to ride ,ride to live
    If I'm not riding I'm not happy.
  • angry_bird
    angry_bird Posts: 3,786
    It's just because it says Hope on it :roll:

Nothing wrong with Hope, and if it's competitively priced you can hardly accuse someone of wanting one just because of it's brand.
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    I really like how straitline bashes look
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    You've got awesome taste :D Like me
  • Angry Bird wrote:
    It's just because it says Hope on it :roll:

Nothing wrong with Hope, and if it's competitively priced you can hardly accuse someone of wanting one just because of it's brand.
    That was said tongue in cheek btw
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    Isn't it less a bash guard and more a rock guard? So - it'll defend your ring against flying rocks, but you wouldn't want to use it to defend against impacts like when failing to bunny hop a log? Some of the others mentioned, like the e13 are considerably more substantial.
  • Isn't it less a bash guard and more a rock guard? So - it'll defend your ring against flying rocks, but you wouldn't want to use it to defend against impacts like when failing to bunny hop a log? Some of the others mentioned, like the e13 are considerably more substantial.
    I don't know, it looks pretty chunky, pretty similair width to me Straitline one and I'd trust that to do anything. However, it isn't thinned near the chainring bolts like my Straitline so you'll still need longer chainring bolts than a standard ring. I only keep mentioning the Straitline bash as it's the only one I've got to compare against.
  • bluechair84
    bluechair84 Posts: 4,352
    I can't really tell, it certainly looks narrower than my e13 though that's polycarbonate. I know some rings aren't designed as bash rings but rock guards though Hope call it an amazingly strong bash so... I suppose I should trust em until someone says otherwise :)
  • ilovedirt
    ilovedirt Posts: 5,798
    ilovedirt wrote:
    I meant the one that comes with their chain guide :P looks pretty cool, i used to have one and they do look less substantial than say an e-thirteen bash, but don't forget, e-thirteen ones are made of plastic, and the hope/straitline one is alloy, and a lot of pro downhill racers use them, and they are pretty tough. (in reply to bluechair)
    Production Privee Shan

B'Twin Triban 5
  • ilovedirt wrote:
    ilovedirt wrote:
    I meant the one that comes with their chain guide :P looks pretty cool, i used to have one and they do look less substantial than say an e-thirteen bash, but don't forget, e-thirteen ones are made of plastic, and the hope/straitline one is alloy, and a lot of pro downhill racers use them, and they are pretty tough. (in reply to bluechair)
    I'm sad now :(:lol: