Stone Roses

DCR00
DCR00 Posts: 2,160
edited October 2011 in The Crudcatcher
Evening all

Am i the only one struggling to give a sh*t about 1. the Stone Roses reforming, 2. not having tickets for the concerts ?

Don't get me wrong, i have both their albums, and they are quiet good, but to be honest, i REALLY liked them when i was 14...

Comments

• Got ticket for friday gig, looking forward to it.
    1996 GT Borrego - 2009 Specialized Rockhopper Expert - 2010 Specialized enduro expert

See you there !

:D
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    never heard of them.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Probably a boy band off X Factor or something.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    They weren't very good last time I saw them. Can't imagine they've improved.

Anyone else think it's weird how bands split up and vanish but when they come back they're twice as popular?
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I saw Ian Brown live about 10 years ago.

I've honestly not heard someone sing so badly in all my life. The fact I was paying to see it annoyed me.

I certainly won't bother watching Stone Roses, I like their albums too much to have it ruined by that singing
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • I seen a picture of them in the paper today and I couldn't get over how old they looked. I came to the sudden realization that the 'cool' bands from my youth are actually now ageing degenerates, like Status Quo.

Please sell your ticket, I am "Begging You" as I believe those tickets are "Fools Gold"..

</coat>
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    Got ticket for friday gig, looking forward to it.

Please sell your ticket, I am "Begging You" as I believe those tickets are "Fools Gold"..

</coat>

:D
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Ah, someone saw the [obvious] puns :¬)
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    Ah, someone saw the [obvious] puns :¬)

he wasnt the only one, some of us thought too much of you to pass comment.

(the comment would have been "webbo")
  • To be honest I couldn't really give a toss. No different to Steps reforming if I'm honest.

Let me know when they bring Ian Curtis back from the dead, make Peter Hook less of a bum nugget (admittedly, this is the harder task), and get Joy Division back on tour
    Formally known as Coatbridgeguy
  • IcarusGreen
    Used to listen to them when I was teen but they're like all those great brit-pop era bands that should stay in the 90's because that was their time.

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Used to listen to them when I was teen but they're like all those great brit-pop era bands that should stay in the 90's because that was their time.

This. I saw many great bands in the 90s, roses, blur, pop will eat itself, neds atomic dustbin, wonderstuff etc but I don't think I'd want to see them now as it might take away from my memory of how great they were back then.
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • IcarusGreen
    Top Loader are releasing a new album soon :roll: I like occasionally hearing 'dancing in the moonlight' (it was the tune of my time in the Falklands 2000 - 2001) but I can't see the new album being much cop!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)