So, Cavendish to be a father, eh?

iainf72
iainf72 Posts: 15,784
edited October 2011 in Pro race
Conceived during the Tour? Blimey, cycling has changed.
Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.

Comments

• Noclue
    Noclue Posts: 503
    Surplus of testosterone? :lol:
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    And you know this how?
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,070
    Has cycling really changed? The flamboyant sprinter is nearly as old as the sport itself.

I just never had Cavendish down as a Cipollini type!
  • jamlala
    jamlala Posts: 284
    Fairly new relationship (still in the honeymoon period) and she has great tits, why wouldn't he?!
    Cannondale Supersix 105 2013- summer bike - love it!
    Cannondale CAAD12 - racing fun!
    Trek Crockett 5 - CX bike, muddy fun!
    Scott Scale 940 MTB XC racer.
    __@    
    _`\<,_   
    ---- (*)/ (*)
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    JamLala wrote:
    And you know this how?

Twitter

@MarkCavendish
    Mark Cavendish: "I'm happy to announce, beyond doubt, my proudest moment of this year.... @petatodd is pregnant. I'm going to be a daddy."

https://twitter.com/#!/MarkCavendish
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    It was in The Sun earlier this morning. That's where Iain gets all his cycling insider knowledge :)
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    I've just read this on his Twitter now; thought I'd pop on here to post but see that Iain the Early Bird caught the worm before me ;)

I'm pleased for them both :)
  • inkyfingers
    inkyfingers Posts: 4,400
    Congratulations to them both, fantastic news.

If his sperm move as fast as he does then it's a wonder it's taken him this long to get her up the duff!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    iainf72 wrote:

He's not the only one! Ours was conceived during the Tour as well (went to watch the first 2 weeks) - due end of March/start of April. Quick! To Twitter! :)

P.S. As much as I love Cav, rest assured the baby won't be called Mark if a boy - I'm not that much of a saddo ;)
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    Ah poor Tusher's gonna be crushed!

Congrats to the both of them!

(Mark and Peta that is, not Tusher, though I'm sure she has done something that warrants congrats too...)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Crushed.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    But delighted for both of them.
    From their tweets, he appears to have relished being a step-dad to her little boy, and this must be the icing on the cake of his best year.
  • NapoleonD wrote:
    It was in The Sun earlier this morning. That's where Iain gets all his cycling insider knowledge :)

He only buys it for the big cogs on page 3
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,205
    NapoleonD wrote:

He only buys it for the big cogs on page 3

I once saw a thread on another forum where a skimpily clad and extremely attractive young woman posed with her top of the range TT bike. The rest of the thread dealt with the aesthetic sensibilities of not having the chain on the big ring for the photo :lol:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    iainf72 wrote:

He's not the only one! Ours was conceived during the Tour as well (went to watch the first 2 weeks) - due end of March/start of April. Quick! To Twitter! :)

P.S. As much as I love Cav, rest assured the baby won't be called Mark if a boy - I'm not that much of a saddo ;)

Cadel? if it was a girl you could call it Victouria. Ill get me coat...
  • Ron Stuart
    Ron Stuart Posts: 1,242
    There used to be saying by family or freinds when you anounced you were to become a father..... 'that will slow you down a bit mate' :shock:
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    I'm just helping my dad do his Sunday Express crossword and the 1st clue is:
    Manx cyclist who won the 2011 UCI Road World Championships (4,9)
    Wonder who that can be?????????
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Ms Tree wrote:

Express, eh? In that case, the correct answer is "Road TaxDodger"
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    iainf72 wrote:
    Ms Tree wrote:

Express, eh? In that case, the correct answer is "Road TaxDodger"

:lol::lol::lol:

Wonder what names Cav and M. Cav have got lined up?

So the stages he didn't win were because the night before ....................... or he was saving himself for the final sprint :lol:
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    I was wondering........
    Tony Martin buys her (Peta) a couple of drinks, hands her off to Bernie Eisel who takes her to dinner, then Renshaw takes her to the bedroom, where Cav appears, and...........
  • inkyfingers
    Don't forget that Erik Zabel will have already have tested her out so that he can give Mark some tips, plus he'd have Rolf Aldag and Brian Holm shouting encouragement into his earpiece the whole time.

Chasing Legends, the deleted scenes!
    "I have a lovely photo of a Camargue horse but will not post it now" (Frenchfighter - July 2013)
  • Crankbrother
    Crankbrother Posts: 1,695
    That would be funny, if it wasn't for the fact that your references are somewhat degrading to someone who has no place to be mentioned in a cycling forum ...

If you wanna make those kind of jokes down the pub with your buddies, then fine, but have a wee bit of sense and don't type it out for the world to read in a cycling forum ... You just end up looking like a moron ...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    That would be funny, if it wasn't for the fact that your references are somewhat degrading to someone who has no place to be mentioned in a cycling forum ...

If you wanna make those kind of jokes down the pub with your buddies, then fine, but have a wee bit of sense and don't type it out for the world to read in a cycling forum ... You just end up looking like a moron ...

Am I missing something here, or are you actually serious?

Can't be serious can he???
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • inkyfingers
    ddraver wrote:

Am I missing something here, or are you actually serious?

Can't be serious can he???

I hope not, for his own sake.
  • markwb79
    markwb79 Posts: 937
    dougzz wrote:
    I was wondering........
    Tony Martin buys her (Peta) a couple of drinks, hands her off to Bernie Eisel who takes her to dinner, then Renshaw takes her to the bedroom, where Cav appears, and...........

Funniest thing I have ever read on this forum
    Scott Addict 2011
    Giant TCR 2012
  • ms_tree
    ms_tree Posts: 1,405
    "The rest-day baby, or, Where was Bernie?"
    'Google can bring back a hundred thousand answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.'
    Neil Gaiman
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    dougzz wrote:
    I was wondering........

I would have let this go, but then someone said it was the funniest thing they'd read on this forum. And I'm not having that. You'll be hearing from my lawyers.... :lol:

Exhibit A (look at the my post on that page):

http://www.bikeradar.com/forum/viewtopi ... 09f99b9667
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    No no no, completely different. About as alike as a Galaxy II and an iPhone 4 :)

To be honest I don't remember your post, but its a pretty obvious idea. I was prompted by the memory of an American TV advert for something or other, with Tom Brady being 'protected' by his offensive line. So you'd have Brady in a sharp suit going to dinner with some hottie, and the offensive line would be there in their pads and uniforms. I think there were some others on the same theme.

Edit: I think this is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a209lYNetOc
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    dougzz wrote:
    No no no, completely different. About as alike as a Galaxy II and an iPhone 4 :)

To be honest I don't remember your post, but its a pretty obvious idea. I was prompted by the memory of an American TV advert for something or other, with Tom Brady being 'protected' by his offensive line. So you'd have Brady in a sharp suit going to dinner with some hottie, and the offensive line would be there in their pads and uniforms. I think there were some others on the same theme.

Edit: I think this is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a209lYNetOc

No problem Dougzz.

I think my own joke was probably based on a Jon Stewart Daily Show sketch about what Armstrong's team would do when he retired.

I was quite proud of the Greipel punchline though.
    Twitter: @RichN95