Paris

Kaise
Kaise Posts: 2,498
edited October 2011 in The hub
Any places we should miss out on (and no the answer isnt "Yes, get a refund is shi*" :D )
Any places we should definately see

Any body got any ideas of a good bar to watch the Franc v NZ game on sunday morning?

Sunglasses for under the radar hottie spotting
Cash and plenty of it as its well expensive

We are staying in Montmartre which is supposwed to be quite nice but other than that i don't have a clue!

ta

Comments

• Wooliferkins
    Wooliferkins Posts: 2,060
    It's geared around 2007 but it's a start
    http://www.parislogue.com/travel-tips/r ... paris.html
    Neil
    Help I'm Being Oppressed
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Musee D'orsay is Excellent. For the second time :roll:
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    As this is the Hub I cannot comment.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    this is a handy guide my mrs directed me to when i asked her after reading your original thread, she said she enjoyed the place but its not the best place to be fed if you are a veggy (which she is)
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,524
    There's a good English pub in the 8th district called The Cricketers - they should have the rugby on. Otherwise try the 'Frog & Roastbeef' on Rue St. Denis.

What to see? There's tons. Eiffel Tower always worth a go, The Louvre if you're feeling arty farty, Place des Vosges, The Bastille, Marais district for lots of little cafes & restaurants. Take the lady shopping on Boulevard Hausmann where the big department stores are (Galleries Lafayette, Printemps, Samaritaine).

If you want to be ripped off in a touristy way, try Place du Tertre, it's full of artists who do portraits and charicatures of you, quite good for a laugh. think its quite close to where you're staying.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Si1988
    Si1988 Posts: 158
    As far as museums etc. goes, I'd steer clear of la louvre, always packed and rarely worth the wait. Check out the pompidou centre for something a little different, you can tell from the building itself it's gonna be a little out of the ordinary.

I, personally, hate the Eiffel, but I've had an irrational fear of cast iron for quite some time so that doesnt help. If, like me, you prefer bricks and mortar but fancy a view, check out the sacre-coeur, should be in the neighborhood of where youre staying, pretyt hard to miss either way. That and Notre Dame, save the dame for last, if you've not enjoyed yourself you can at the very least re-imagine the scene from armageddon.

And the personal favourite of mine, grab a baguette, and sit by L'Arc de Triumph and count smart cars, My record is 87 in just under half an hour.