Torque wrench deals

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited October 2011 in Workshop
For those who haven't got special hands of pre set power, Sealey Draper now have their Christmas deals catalogue out: 2 - 24 Nm (which is the one you want for bicycles) torque wrenches are on the current deal - down from something like £60 to £30 odd - decent saving for a decent 'wrench.

You have to quote the deal though to get the price - don't just go to the motor factor and pick one up off the shelf and expect them to give you the discount - everyone has to make a living you know.

Y

Comments

• brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    Do you have a link please?
  • Yossie
    Sorry - no internet link to this particular deal as its in the Christmas offers catalogue available from any Sealey distributor, however the 'wrench in question is this one - at the deal price for some reason although, just to contradict myself, its not in the deal catalogue........

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Torque-Wrench-M ... B000RO1ZCG

Amazon - love 'em :)
  • brucey72
    brucey72 Posts: 1,086
    Thanks mate, I have been after a decent torque wrench for a while and having read the reviews I have placed my order.
  • Yossie
    No worries at all - glad to be of help anytime

And bear in mind that if you do manage to break it, then Sealey do a lifetime guarantee on hand tools - you basically take it into a dealer, hand it over, tell them that its broken and they give you a new one. Excellent service.
  • Do any of these torque up left-hand threads ?
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • keithc440
    keithc440 Posts: 277
    Do you have to buy other bits with it to attach your allen keys to ? I think this may be obvious but unfortunately not to me. If so on the amazon link are any of the other items that are listed as 'frequently bought together' suitable.
  • Yossie
    keithc440 wrote:
    Do you have to buy other bits with it to attach your allen keys to ? I think this may be obvious but unfortunately not to me. If so on the amazon link are any of the other items that are listed as 'frequently bought together' suitable.

Nah - you don't need those. Too many things and too expensive.

What you will need is a strip of allen bits (the sort that you get in socket sets and that sit there forever doing nothing). Alternatively, I bought a drum of allen/screwdriver bits from Sealey Draper - I think it was something like £7, has 2 to 6mm allen bits, screwdriver bits from 1 to 4.

Unless you do lots of things with bits, then just pop up to B & Q and buy a a 4mm bit, a 5mm bit and a 6mm bit - come in individual packets or check out if they do a good price on a strip. You don't really need anything else on a pushie if you're using a 'wrench (apart from the cassette lock ring and maybe cranks)

You'll also need the socket that goes on the end of the 'wrench - couple of Pounds. 3/8ths for this particular 'wrench I think offhand.

Alternatively, this sort of thing looks like a good price: Machine Mart, Sealey, etc will also do similar at the same reasonable price. Again, 3/8ths - that ione in the piccie is 1/2.

http://www.toolspot.co.uk/product/15pc- ... et-in-case

HTH

Y