Call all Graphic Designers (LOGO Needed) New Product Launch

pjones776
pjones776 Posts: 10
edited October 2011 in The hub
Hi All i wanted to post this on this forum as im looking for a new logo to be designed for a company i am about to launch for mountain bike accessories. The companies product range will be called 'XCPro' and will start with a range of iPhone bike mounts etc,

I already have the prototype and to date have done over 500 XC miles testing the mount, it is waterproof and unlike the dahon and tigra models it doesnt fall off or break etc It is a real heavy duty mount.

So now I am in the stage where I need the logo and colour scheme designed for the retail box and packaging, so need to know if anyone is interested in doing this for FREE or for a FEE. If FREE i dont mind giving credit on the retail box or website etc or just pay for this.

I look forward to thoughts and interest etc Cheers

Comments

• projectsome
    projectsome Posts: 4,478
    £1200 +vat and rights for 8 months and we'll get on it.
    FARKBOOK TWATTER Happiness is my fucking mood!
  • £1200 +vat and rights for 8 months and we'll get on it.

Thats a Joke right? For logo design, I have a few websites and companies and now this is ridiculous. Its only a logo I want designed not a website lol
  • pjones776 wrote:

Thats a Joke right? For logo design, I have a few websites and companies and now this is ridiculous. Its only a logo I want designed not a website lol

LOL http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html
  • projectsome
    pjones776 wrote:

A website would cost you £3200, I'd have to buy a decent PC and server.

If I did it on my current setup I'd have too much down time, plus I'd have to pay someone else to help me.
  • pjones776 wrote:

LOL http://www.27bslash6.com/p2p2.html

LOL exactly what i was thinking. id expect a trek madone for a new site logo! will to help if u ship it first! ahah
  • pjones776 wrote:
    Hi All i wanted to post this on this forum as im looking for a new logo to be designed for a company i am about to launch for mountain bike accessories. The companies product range will be called 'XCPro' and will start with a range of iPhone bike mounts etc,

I already have the prototype and to date have done over 500 XC miles testing the mount, it is waterproof and unlike the dahon and tigra models it doesnt fall off or break etc It is a real heavy duty mount.

So now I am in the stage where I need the logo and colour scheme designed for the retail box and packaging, so need to know if anyone is interested in doing this for FREE or for a FEE. If FREE i dont mind giving credit on the retail box or website etc or just pay for this.

These are my opinions and they are absolutely free

1: Logo design by professional agencies is never free, they do charge
    2: You're a commercial organisation, so you should pay for this service
    3: No self respecting MTB rider would mount an iPhone or any brand of smartphone to his/her bars, it's beyond lame and stupid
    4: This product is best suited for the Commuting section.
    5: If this reply was of no help at all, please do bear in mind it was free
    6: You get what you pay for....
  • pilch
    pilch Posts: 1,136

3: No self respecting MTB rider would mount an iPhone or any brand of smartphone to his/her bars, it's beyond lame and stupid

+lots
    A berm? were you expecting one?

29er race

29er bouncer
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    £250+VAT, 3-4 working days turnaround, this will get you a contact sheet with a number of options to choose from before then tweaking and getting final versions in a range of formats for web and print use.

As an organisation, we have loads of experience in this field and work with a number of bike brands so are fully down with the kids when it comes to appropriate styling.

Email me on andy.nelson@outofhand.co.uk and I can send you some example work from our studio team and arrange a conference call between you, me and our design studio manager.

Andy

:D
  • projectsome
    pjones776 wrote:

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    There you go. Free.

79070442.jpg
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    There you go. Free.

79070442.jpg

I think you've undersold yourself....
    Santa Cruz 5010C
    Deviate Guide
    Specialized Sequoia Elite
    Pivot Mach 429SL
    Trek Madone 5.2 Di2
    Salsa Mukluk Carbon
    Specialized Turbo Levo Expert 29er
  • cooldad
    Tom Howard wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    There you go. Free.

79070442.jpg

I think you've undersold yourself....
    Stolen anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • You get what you pay for, man. £1200 isn't a massive fee for something that is going to identify you as a brand. I mean if you only want some kid in their bedroom to spend a couple of hours on it, and leave you with a sub-standard design to identify your business for the next few years, go for it.
  • projectsome
    You get what you pay for, man. £1200 isn't a massive fee for something that is going to identify you as a brand. I mean if you only want some kid in their bedroom to spend a couple of hours on it, and leave you with a sub-standard design to identify your business for the next few years, go for it.

this.

The company I work for paid £800 circa, for an ad that only ran for 7 days!
  • try IQ logo www.iqlogo.com they are a web based logo design company. For $199 they'll produce a range of logos based on your deisgn brief. You then selct the one you'd like them to refine. Unlimited iterations and for a bit extra they'll design letterheards and comp slips. The price includes all the rights (unlimited) plus a range of artowrk image. I've used them for 3 different businesses and they are spot on.

Hope that helps
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    having used the services of andyrm i can definately recommend him!
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    You'll generally find people work for free/discounted rates once you have built up a working relationship with them.

Have you thought about asking your web designer? Your already paying him/her so they're likely to do it at a discount.
  • simon44
    simon44 Posts: 52
    Interesting thread and some good thoughts - I thought I'd add mine too! Anyone can come up with a logo or build a website for free. However, if you're serious about it, its worth investing the time and money in developing a brand and then hopefully you'll be able to justify the margin. You can spend an infinite amount of money on branding but it sounds like you need some general help before you rush into a logo which is just one of many marketing mechanics. Investigating the name, testing ideas with consumers, identifying target markets are just some of the ways an agency can help. www.partnerssmr.com are great for branding and retail marketing implementation and try www.trademarkcafe.com for registering trademarks. Good luck!
  • cooldad
    having used the services of andyrm i can definitely recommend him!
    I'm sure you had a good andyrm in you.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • cooldad
    See what I did there?
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • andyrm
    andyrm Posts: 550
    cooldad wrote:

Believe me he did.........
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    andyrm wrote:
    cooldad wrote:

Believe me he did.........
    sideways!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • ped
    ped Posts: 17
    PM sent.