UK race with sterrato?

victorponf
victorponf Posts: 1,187
edited October 2011 in Pro race
I remember have seen in Cycling Weekly one or two years ago a english race or sportive with sterrato?

Could somebody help me in order to find info about it?

Are more races in the world with sterrato apart from Eroica, Tro Bro Leon and GP Herning?
If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com

Comments

• hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Rutland CiCle classic? http://www.cicleclassic.co.uk/ this has a Sportive, although the Sportive was cancelled this year for some reason.
    Tour of the Dengie Marshes? I don't think this has a sportive.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Aaah dirt roads !
  • hammerite
    cougie wrote:
    Aaah dirt roads !

I had to Google it!
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    I thought he was talking about Kia's answer to the renault scenic
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,215
    We could have some cracking 'MTFs' in the Tour of Britain if they were prepared to use dirt tracks such as forestry or quarry access roads!

There used to be a Premier Calendar / Star Trophy race that finished on the grass in a park (Tour of the Cotswolds?). But Tour of the Dengie Marshes is the one that comes closest to the Eroica http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/road/article/roa20110405-Road--Dengie-Marshes-Tour-Report-0
  • Yep, it was the Cotswolds. Was only the last 200m out of a 200km race so maybe not as bad as others :lol:
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    I don't think there's anywhere in the UK you could reasonably compare to L'Eroica - a few dirt tracks in Rutland is hardly Tuscany and you wouldn't get a to$$er in his 4x4 coming the other way trying to push you off the road.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • victorponf
    hammerite wrote:
    cougie wrote:
    Aaah dirt roads !
    :lol::lol: how funny

I had to Google it!
    If you like Flandes, Roubaix or Eroica, you would like GP Canal de Castilla, www.gpcanaldecastilla.com
  • andrew_s
    andrew_s Posts: 2,511
    There are plenty of estate roads in northern Scotland that could be used (with permission).

Drawbacks: they are mostly narrow, for a single Landie, rather than peloton width, and a lot of them are fairly rough, so it may end up more like Roubaix than the Eroica.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    ^ don't kid yourself that the Strada Bianchi are somehow smooth, hard-packed surfaces whereas in fact they are often worn, off camber bends, with ripples and stutter-bumps as well as deep, loose gravel making maintaining progress quite challenging. Chuck in quite a few 20% pitches as well as some longer uphill stretches. You don't have to attack then full-bore like some of the P-Rx secteurs, but it's certainly no gentle stroll.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • dengie marshes has some off road and farm tracks
  • victorponf
    How many races are in the World with dirty races?

I just know Eroica, Tro Bro Leon and GP Herning

Are something apart from this 3?
  • hammerite
    Sure I saw a race in Brittany on TV which looked like a lot of it was on farm tracks, if they weren't farm tracks there was a grass strip down the middle of a narrow lane, and the riders were caked in mud.

Can't remember what it was though. Is GP Plouay on roads like that?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    That's the Tro Bro Leon.
  • hammerite
    Ah OK. Thanks Andy.