What a 6"11 Cyclist looks like...

ziggycycledust
ziggycycledust Posts: 25
edited October 2011 in The bottom bracket
Just a newbie announcing my presence in the forum... been cycling for 3 weeks and so far i absolutely love it! Looking forward (rather sadistically) to a long winter of building up my mileage and strength in the hope of taking part in some cat 4 races next season!

Ill try and keep 'Trek 1.2 or Specialized Allez?' style posts to a minimum. I ride a road bike, its appropriate for training, its got two wheels and goes forward, I'm pretty sure this is most important for beginners!

And so i never have to get into any ridiculous debates...
1. I wear a helmet to cover up my hideous haircuts
2. I can't trust Wiggle since hearing rumours that it was their fault that JFK was shot and,
3. I don't cycle in a polka dot jersey because the colours red and white don't bring out my best features.

Cant wait to get stuck in to the sport and I'm really motivated by the (majority) of positive, helpful people that seem to be on this forum and the seemingly great structure of British cycling that is much of the reason i have been encouraged to take up the sport! Not to mention plethora of great British cyclists at the moment who seem to have a great attitude.

Oh, and if you haven't already seen it, here is the photo promised in the title of the thread...

2395745184b881c3a183.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    What an excellent first post. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to reading more from you in the future!
  • heathy_76
    heathy_76 Posts: 213
    Pokerface wrote:
    What an excellent first post. Welcome to the forum and I look forward to reading more from you in the future!

+1 Welcome!
  • You appear to be far too balanced with a sense of humour for this forum.....

.....but welcome anyway.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Pokerface wrote:

+1

A newbie with a brain, that can spell (without text slang), with a sense of humour, that's clearly done his homework. Wait, this is bikeradar isn't it?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    That's not right......... there's no bitterness in his post !!!
    Welcome along :D
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • MattC59 wrote:
    he must be some kind of inverted Troll!
  • jswba
    jswba Posts: 491
    Mad Roadie wrote:
    MattC59 wrote:
    he must be some kind of inverted Troll!

A llort?
  • Welcome to the club!

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • My, he makes those wheels look small and a very long way down too!
  • MattC59 wrote:

That's cos he hasnt met P_Tucker yet. :D

Welcome along chap. Just follow THE Bikeradar Golden Rule and you'll be ok

Rule 1. Never ever ever ever let Girls In Lycra thread leave page 1.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Tom4
    Tom4 Posts: 69
    Welcome ... great first post :D
  • welcome :)
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    All this love for a newbie - it can only go downhill with any subsequent posts :lol:
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    ... been cycling for 3 weeks and so far i absolutely love it!
    You've not been cycling long enough to publicly admit that you enjoy it.

Come back in 40 years.

:wink:
  • zanelad
    zanelad Posts: 269
    Welcome from another Aylesbury based cyclist.
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    He seems relatively sane and reasonable, I'm sure collectively we can break him before the years end.
  • Stone Glider
    Stone Glider Posts: 1,227
    Welcome. Sensible, well-adjusted adults do not post and I expect you will recognize that as time passes.

Just for you, as in introductory offer... it should be written as 6'11". Pedantry, for those of a tidy mind and tiny genitalia :)
    The older I get the faster I was
  • You are Ying to Speed King's Yang - welcome !
    A person who aims at nothing is sure to hit it

Canyon Aeroad 7.0 summer missile
    Trek 2.1 winter hack
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Welcome. Sensible, well-adjusted adults do not post and I expect you will recognize that as time passes.

Just for you, as in introductory offer... it should be written as 6'11". Pedantry, for those of a tidy mind and tiny genitalia :)

Actually a 6inch cyclist...now that would be impressive!
  • Pross wrote:
    All this love for a newbie - it can only go downhill with any subsequent posts :lol:

I'd imagine the honeymoon period will end as soon as people discover that (occasionally) i go out running.

If that fails, I'm sure my ownership of the entire Mark Knopfler discography will do it!
  • wiffachip
    wiffachip Posts: 861
    great, a bleedin happy clapper

that's all we need
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087

Actually a 6inch cyclist...now that would be impressive!

I know one of those.

Oh, no, sorry my bad. Not 6" at all :wink:

And welcomes by the way.

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • I'd imagine the honeymoon period will end as soon as people discover that (occasionally) i go out running.

Sir, I would politely refer you to Rule 42.

http://www.velominati.com/blog/the-rules/#42
  • Does anyone on here know a six ich pianist?

Can we fix it?
    Yes we can!
  • Moontrane
    Moontrane Posts: 233
    My, he makes those wheels look small and a very long way down too!

I met Bill Walton before a ride in Death Valley. He left early to "ride his ride" as opposed to the organizer's itinerary. When my buddy and I were climbing past Scotty's Castle this massive figure on a bike, seemingly taking up both lanes, came zooming down past us. He take up some space, he does.
    Infinite diversity, infinte variations
  • Crapaud
    Crapaud Posts: 2,483
    Welcome, Ziggy.

As a noob you'll have to take the forum oath: Open your wallet and repeat after me, "Help yourself.".

:wink:
    A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind and won’t change the subject - Churchill
  • Bunneh
    Bunneh Posts: 1,329
    I'm scared! Hold me!
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Bunneh wrote:
    I'm scared! Hold me!

I will... ;)

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • AidanR
    AidanR Posts: 1,142
    This is clearly an elaborate and ingenious trolling exercise :wink:
    Bike lover and part-time cyclist.
  • Redhog14
    Redhog14 Posts: 1,377
    You appear to be far too balanced with a sense of humour for this forum.....

.....but welcome anyway.

Cleary a noob... just keep pedalling in Cake stop for while you'll get the hang of the bitterness , snobbery and general Miserable Roadie Bastardness of the forum and can progress to the technobore and pro race in due course.

Welcome.