brh77 Posts: 242
edited October 2011 in Your road bikes
My 1st Campag bike-

Colnago Arte
Deda cockpit
FSA carbon post
Chorus shifters, front mech, chain set, record rear mech, khamsin wheels
Miche primato cassette 12-27
Fizik saddle, badly mismatching fizik bar tape, really non matching shimano pedals.
Hutchinson fusion tyres.....

6156068379_e9e56a7f92_b.jpg
Arte by brh77, on Flickr

Bit too much blue? Will be getting black pedals and White bar tape methinks....

Comments

• Beauty!

Yeah, lose the blue tyres and get plain White tape.

Fantastic co-ordination of frame, bottle cage and saddle.
  • brh77
    you would say that!

Will change bar tape, found some black tyres too in the garage-

1st ride when the rain stops.....
  • Best saddle colour ever. Good find. Stem looks great as well. The cages are nice with the bits of blue, but as an ensemble, the whole thing looks over wrought.

Why do peeps think that b/c the bike is Italian (taiwanese in this case) the whole colour thing has to be taken to the nth degree?

The set up of the 'bars and levers looks really good, nice angles.

The most important thing is to ride the snot out of it. How's the weight coming along
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • beautiful colour scheme i think. but ruined slightly by the red on the wheels!!!!!!
  • brh77
    Wheels were a cost cutting exercise, so will have to live with them for a bit.....

I have gone ott with the blue, as Goldenbear suggested, black tyres and White tape will be going on ASAP to tone this down a tad......
  • Can I have it back? :(
  • brh77
    Swap for the Cervelo?
  • Erm...
  • stunning bike! dont change a thing!
    Coveryourcar.co.uk RT Tester
    north west of england.
  • brh77
    1st ride- 40km with a long flat and a short but nasty climb, and it rides great- feels fast, climbed well (1st time I've not felt like dying on that climb). Stem is a tad long, and I am not sure the saddle shape is right for me, usually have a cut out, but overall delighted!
  • Glad you like it, sorry to hear about your saddle issue. It's on an oblique angle in the pic compared to the bench but why not tilt the nose down a bit to promote the wider rear part to contact your sit bones more positively? Just a thought. B/c you mentioned the stem is long, it means your pelvis is rotated a forward as you reach putting pressure on the soft bits at the front..
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • brh77
    Cheers for the advice, I'll give it a go- might be I need to get used to it too......
  • brh77
    @fransjacques- cheers for the saddle advice- sorted out now lovely and comfortable. Still loving Campag with throwing loads of cogs in one go, hoods are comfy too.

Still haven't changed the tyres, can't bring myself to dispose of good tyres, even if they dont match.......