Vaughters' online chat

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,540
edited October 2011 in Pro race
Recently got into this twitter malark. Figured Rick Chasey could do with a broader online presence.

Noticed Vaughters spends a lot of time tweeting the innerring, chatting very openely (and publicly) about whether this guy or that guy is doping. In this case, ( I think) they're chatting about Contador and his power.

Surely Vaughters would get into a lot of sh!t for this?

I mean, sure, doping's moving from a no-talk subject, but it's pretty full on for a DS.

Comments

• It's Voeckler (sp) they're talking about and he's just pointing out that when riders like Leipheimer do a ride everyone cries 'doper' but when little Thomas does it they all say 'hat'.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    I like JV, and yes, he is pretty good on twitter, but sometimes I wonder why he spends so much time on the thing. But he's very open, which Is Good.
    Although he must be good at multitasking. He's twittering away at the moment, yet it's the Tour presentation.
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Specifically, i think he was comparing Tommy on Plateu de Belle in 2004 and 2011.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I think Vaughters is awesome on twitter. He's never failed to answer/reply to a single point I've made to him.

He's entirely right about Voeckler too. festinagirl has openly mocked every surprising performance, except that of Voeckler and Rolland. Why? Because she loves French riders.
  • robert-sb
    robert-sb Posts: 118
    Must admit I stopped following @festinagirl as she is so openly hypocritical and doesn't try and hide it. Still, I suppose it's easy to win GTs from behind a smartphone :roll:
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    festinagirl is too intense for me. The occasional nugget but she's a bit too 'angry' the rest of the time. Imagine living with her ?!

<goes off to search for vaughters twitterfeed>

Oh - its vaughters

Thats easy enough !
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Poor old Festinagirl, not getting much love. Ok, so her points are poorly argued and silly, but really, there is no need for this.

:lol:

I find it insane that people like Boulting / Rendell actually rate what she says.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • cougie
    I cant express my opinion on her ? Its not like I'm being rude and tweeting to her that I'm not keen ?

Its my twitter feed and if people bore me or are too intense they go. I dont need her banging on about doping 24/7.

Or if they incessantly bang on about Piers Morgan. (yes Lord Alan - thats you that is)
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    cougie wrote:
    I cant express my opinion on her ? Its not like I'm being rude and tweeting to her that I'm not keen ?

I was joking.

I only see her name in retweets and it pee's me off.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • cougie
    LOL !

She seems to be slagging off Wiggins for his improvement - but Lil Tommy V was all done on bread and water and just the sheer grit and determination of hanging onto a jersey.....

Odd.
  • BikingBernie
    BikingBernie Posts: 2,163
    Tusher wrote:
    I like JV, and yes, he is pretty good on twitter, but sometimes I wonder why he spends so much time on the thing. But he's very open, which Is Good.
    Is he really open about his own doping history, and what he knows about Armstrong? If so I might get a twitter account!

He has certainly appeared to be evasive and full of bull in the interviews I have seen.
  • Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Nail on the head moment, Bernie. Yes, you're absolutely correct. We're all still waiting for JV to 'come out'.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I really don't think twitter would be the best forum for that announcement.
  • rick_chasey
    Added Vaughters and Festinagirl today.

Already irritated.

Err. "Unfollow".
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Come on Rick, you really weren't fascinated that her kid had fish and chips for tea, but she had fish and peas........... The problem with Twitter is it's a universe of dross with the odd nugget in there. It's lazy but I tend to only read the things mentioned on here, the forum works like a spam filter for me. I did follow JV and Inrng, and some of the exchanges are interesting, but there's just better things to do than monitor the thoughts of others. Why are you even reading this ;)
  • rick_chasey
    dougzz wrote:
    Come on Rick, you really weren't fascinated that her kid had fish and chips for tea, but she had fish and peas........... The problem with Twitter is it's a universe of dross with the odd nugget in there. It's lazy but I tend to only read the things mentioned on here, the forum works like a spam filter for me. I did follow JV and Inrng, and some of the exchanges are interesting, but there's just better things to do than monitor the thoughts of others. Why are you even reading this ;)

Most of my twitter feed is links to online news, and the odd 140 character insight into either sport or news.
  • simon_e
    simon_e Posts: 1,706
    iainf72 wrote:
    I find it insane that people like Boulting / Rendell actually rate what she says.
    Do they? Oh dear :( Content quality was declining last time I tuned in so I haven't bothered listening for a while.
    Added Vaughters and Festinagirl today.

Already irritated.

Err. "Unfollow".
    You could create a list - compile a list of people you don't want in your feed but want to check now and then.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion but often quality is inversely proportional to quantity. If someone's tweeting lots they're probably not thinking much before they write. Self-indulgent drivel is always boring, whether it's 140 characters or several pages.
    Aspire not to have more, but to be more.
  • shinyhelmut
    shinyhelmut Posts: 1,364
    Self-indulgent drivel is always boring, whether it's 140 characters or several pages.

spot on. Inrng and race radio are well worth following though.