Post-season frollic - part one

rick_chasey
rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
edited October 2011 in Pro race
OK.

Was reading this month's pro-cycling and the Jens interview. He's obviously very close with Julich, and said that Boonen's a cool good guy.

Which rider do you think you'd be friends with (mutually...) if you were a bog standard pro in the ProTour peloton?

Comments

• Tusher
    Tusher Posts: 2,762
    Wellll, I'd be intimate with Cav (of course) and my chosen shopping partner would be Victoria, whilst I'd choose Jeannie for a good natter, and Emma looks like a Lady Who Lunches.
  • Tusher
    And Tony Martin would be our gay friend, 'cos every woman needs a gay friend, they're invaluable.

And Martin looks just like Julian Clary.
  • Tusher
    Andy Schleck.

Also gay.
  • LeicesterLad
    LeicesterLad Posts: 3,908
    Tusher wrote:
    And Tony Martin would be our gay friend, 'cos every woman needs a gay friend, they're invaluable.

And Martin looks just like Julian Clary.

You do realise the Comic are going to have a 'Tony Martin in Gay Shock Horror' type story now...
  • LeicesterLad
    Sorry Rick - hijacking your thread, in all honesty though, my bezzy mate would be...G, just a good all round chilled out chap.
  • Tusher
    High time at least one male rider came out. I mean, it's not a problem in the women's peloton.

And just think of the power of the pink pound/dollar/euro. They'd be made for life.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Manuel Quinziato or Marco Pinotti.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • LeicesterLad
    iainf72 wrote:

Look, i only picked G because the only other language i can speak is sign. :(
  • Tusher
    I thought Pinotti was a family man.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    iainf72 wrote:

Quinziato seems far too cool to be a friend of mine. Music obsessed and studying for a law degree while also being a pro cyclist. 8)

I can't remember which rider it was, possibly a GB academy rider at the time who mentioned how stinky their farts are after drinking SIS Rego. He'd probably be my mate.
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    i'd like to go round Legoland with Bernie Eisel and then afterwards we'd go for a lovely lamb lunch in the centre of Windsor

If any of the pro peloton were metallers it would be them, sadly it seems most of them like dreary shite like kings of leon and stuff. That is what ive gleaned from the back of cycling weekly anyway and im extrapolating. I wonder if Benats Inxausti is a fan of the Amsterdam Klezmer Band
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    i'd like to go round Legoland with Bernie Eisel and then afterwards we'd go for a lovely lamb lunch in the centre of Windsor

If any of the pro peloton were metallers it would be them, sadly it seems most of them like dreary shite like kings of leon and stuff. That is what ive gleaned from the back of cycling weekly anyway and im extrapolating. I wonder if Benats Inxausti is a fan of the Amsterdam Klezmer Band
  • rick_chasey
    I like to think I'd be mates with Boonen, but I imagine he'd not be too interested in me. Friendly, but no more. That and chat about cars can get dull very quickly.

I think I could get on with Tankink.

Addy Engels comes across as a good bloke.

Jen's blind optimism would grate on me. I need a little more gritty calvinism.

I think I'd get on with Sastre, and i recon Friere too.

Hmm.
  • I once had a dream Thor and Cav were teaching me to sprint so I'll go with them lol
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    David Millar or Sandy Casar
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • rick_chasey
    Of course.

David Millar.

I like to think we'd get on very well.
  • Charly Wegelius.
    "That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,141
    Guys is it a drag wearing the school uniform???

'Like if you could be friends with someone like in sport like who would be like your bestest friend like with like like like like like like...'

:roll:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • john_kline
    john_kline Posts: 2,151
    Wiggo. We could have endless discussions on the importance of being Mod.
  • LeicesterLad
    Another one for David Millar, quirky chap, full of decent cycling stories i reakon, be good for a pint at least (Wine for Millar)
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    John Kline wrote:
    Wiggo. We could have endless discussions on the importance of being Mod.

I'll join you for a pint and a bit of Steve Marriott.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • dougzz
    dougzz Posts: 1,833
    Is it possible I saw Johan Bruyneel in Fulham today? I came out of Starbucks on Parsons Green (Fulham/Chelsea border for the non Londoner's amongst you) and at the lights are two guys on proper blinged up RadioShack full carbons, one had deep section wheels the lot. So one is an old guy in RadioShack kit, no idea who, the other I swear from a side on view was Bruyneel, he had Livewrong kit on. Now maybe the bikes and kit planted the idea in my head, but I really thought it was Boss Hog himself, but why would he be riding in London, going head to head with buses and white vans is hardly fun, am I just mad.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    dougzz wrote:
    Is it possible I saw Johan Bruyneel in Fulham today? I came out of Starbucks on Parsons Green (Fulham/Chelsea border for the non Londoner's amongst you) and at the lights are two guys on proper blinged up RadioShack full carbons, one had deep section wheels the lot. So one is an old guy in RadioShack kit, no idea who, the other I swear from a side on view was Bruyneel, he had Livewrong kit on. Now maybe the bikes and kit planted the idea in my head, but I really thought it was Boss Hog himself, but why would he be riding in London, going head to head with buses and white vans is hardly fun, am I just mad.

He lives in London, so it's quite possible.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    @Tusher - you're seriously cracking me up. Loud guffaws hear in my flat when I read this thread!

To the subject at hand - I'd want to be friends with Tyler Farrar. I said a few words to him once at an early season race and he chatted back. He seems a nice, down to earth fella.

Or +1 to David Millar
  • pat1cp
    pat1cp Posts: 766
    Pokerface wrote:
    @Tusher - you're seriously cracking me up. Loud guffaws hear in my flat when I read this thread!

To the subject at hand - I'd want to be friends with Tyler Farrar. I said a few words to him once at an early season race and he chatted back. He seems a nice, down to earth fella.
    Or +1 to David Millar

I'm sure he'd appeciate you too, he is afterall Ginger..... :wink:
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    pat1cp wrote:
    Pokerface wrote:

Or +1 to David Millar

I'm sure he'd appeciate you too, he is afterall Ginger..... :wink:

I don't get it.