Made in the UK?

Giraffoto
Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
edited October 2011 in The hub
What sort of bike bits are still made in the country? Are there any UK manufacturers of
    - Aluminium, Titanium or CF frames (Hardtail, Sus or road bike)? - Rims? - Drivetrain components? - Gears? - Tyres? - Suspension forks?

Apologies in advance if I'm displaying shocking ignorance here - I genuinely haven't heard of any of the above if they're around . . .
Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
XM-057 rigid 29er

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    try searching this is often asked.

and there is very little made in the UK.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Hope make most of their stuff here, and they do (are going to do at some point) chainrings, cassettes, and a crank.

The rest will be harder. Though a frame should be purchasable, if very expensive.
    I like bikes and stuff
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I'd have thought that cranks would be a logical next step for Hope - it would be great if they could do it! I'd get two sets just to make my point
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • joshtp
    joshtp Posts: 3,966
    Tyres would be the hardest part I'd say... May be able to get some old Pace, maybe. Though not sure if they were even made here. There could be some man in a shed somewhere that makes this stuff, I know I would if I had the money/time/CNC kit....
    I like bikes and stuff