UCI World Tour 2011 Final Ranking

frenchfighter
frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
edited October 2011 in Pro race
http://www.uciworldtour.com/templates/B ... k&LangId=1

Gilbert definitely deserves the win.

Impressive by Wiggins.

Check 9th. Lots of people think he isn't that good - they are completely wrong and likely don't watch or check results of 'smaller' races too.

Frank higher than Andy - no surprises there although people think Andy is better...

Froome gets a good placing, Cavendish not so good.

Vino in at 16 even with stopping halfway through the Tour - demonstrates what a rider he is.
Contador is the Greatest

Comments

• frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Interesting to compare to this as there are some big differences:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/cq ... ?current=1
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ALaPlage
    ALaPlage Posts: 732
    The CQ says they are ranked using the UCI race points scoring of pre 2005 which was abandoned by the UCI when they launched the PRO-tour. doesn't explain how the points are awarded however for those that don't know the previous UCI scoring method.

Any one shed light?
    Trek Madone 5.9
    Kinesis Crosslight T4
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    ALaPlage wrote:
    The CQ says they are ranked using the UCI race points scoring of pre 2005 which was abandoned by the UCI when they launched the PRO-tour. doesn't explain how the points are awarded however for those that don't know the previous UCI scoring method.

Any one shed light?

It's all here:

http://www.cqranking.com/men/asp/gen/rules.asp

Click on the Points tab near the top.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,488
    I'd say that the CQ ranking are a more accurate reflection other than perhaps Cadel should be a bit higher. Cav lower than Uran and one place higher than Peraud just seems bizarre!
  • amador lantern rouge, ha ha.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Tony Martin for "next big thing" if he`s the GC man on his team at the TdF :) Great all-rounder.
    Jens says "Shut up legs !! "

Specialized S-Works SaxoBank SL4 Tarmac Di2
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    The problem with the World Tour Ranking is simple. It only includes World Tour races. So, winning a non World Tour even does nothing for your ranking. So, if you want a true reflection of the whole cycling season, the CQ is probably a better measure.

In fact, I think the way the UCI rankings are currently done, while understandable, are also a problem. They need some sort of combined ranking (i.e. World Tour and Continental together).

As to the individual rankings, who would have put money on either Wiggins or Dan Martin ending the season in the top 10 of the World Tour. As for Cav, he clearly has a problem getting himself motivated for smaller races, hence his ranking.

It will be interesting to see the route Dan Martin takes over the next few years. Like Tony Martin, he has taken his points in one day races and shorter Tours. If he focused on that he could be a regular in the top 10. Or, he could become a "Grand Tour" rider and possibly never rank as highly again. Whatever the case, I'm a big fan of his attacking style and the grit he shows on the bike. He does need to work on his time trialling though.
  • rebs
    rebs Posts: 891
    I do like Dan Martin. he is a great attacking rider. But he does seem to do well with the lesser known Pro tour events like Tour of Poland etc and arguably races like Lombardy.

This is down to his hayfever which gets bad in the summer period. Would it be wrong to point out that he is neither a marked man in such events and not many other top contenders go into such races at the peak of form... which you can argue Martin does?
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,488
    rebs wrote:
    I do like Dan Martin. he is a great attacking rider. But he does seem to do well with the lesser known Pro tour events like Tour of Poland etc and arguably races like Lombardy.

This is down to his hayfever which gets bad in the summer period. Would it be wrong to point out that he is neither a marked man in such events and not many other top contenders go into such races at the peak of form... which you can argue Martin does?

He did OK in the Vuelta.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    Pross wrote:
    rebs wrote:

He did OK in the Vuelta.

.......In September.

He need to sort his hay-fever out if he wants to compete in the big boy races.