Bike tool kits

Comments

• jeannot18
    jeannot18 Posts: 720
    Good price but my MTB/bike budget is down to 0...

Thanks for the heads up anyway

JC
    Pédale ou crève
    Specialized Elite Allez with 105
    Rockrider 8.1 : )
  • I could do with one of these but money is super tight for me this month. grrr
  • Cheers - I've just ordered a basic set.
    (Now I just have work out what all the bits do. :oops: )
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • I'd buy parts as and when you need them personally... I've built up my tools over the past 6 years and have a big toolbox full.
    Cheers - I've just ordered a basic set.

^ Shows my point... Just becasue its cheap doesn't mean you need it. Whats the point in spending £30 if you only use 1 of the tools?
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    None... But if you use 3 or 4 of the tools it's probably paid for itself. And then there's the traditional night-before-a-ride fix, where buying tools as you need them suddenly stops working ;)
    Uncompromising extremist
  • I bought the advanced Bike Hand kit a few months back from Tredz and can recommend it both on quality and price. I was replacing my bike frame, fitting new forks and pedals and tightening up the hubs/cones so pretty much used everything in the box, but still had to fork out for a headset press and cup remover (recommend Cyclus and Ice-Toolz respectively for decent value - both the same price as my lbs quoted me for the work!).

Cheaper than getting individual tools if you haven't already got a toolbox and have mostly Shimano components.
    2011 Genesis Latitude
    2009 GT Transeo 3.0
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Slow Loris wrote:
    still had to fork out for a headset press

Rubber hammer
    Slow Loris wrote:
    and cup remover

Regular hammer

:lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    I'd buy parts as and when you need them personally... I've built up my tools over the past 6 years and have a big toolbox full.
    Cheers - I've just ordered a basic set.

^ Shows my point... Just becasue its cheap doesn't mean you need it. Whats the point in spending £30 if you only use 1 of the tools?

If you were going to use only one tool in your lifetime, then you wouldn't buy it ;-)